Senior Product Designer (m/f/d) // Mimi Hearing Technologies
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer with a passion for creating products that people love to use. We believe that the key to generating growth is by designing great experiences that retain and engage users. We are looking for an experienced digital designer to drive our user experience vision in our cross-disciplinary product team.
Will you fit our culture?
At Mimi, we pride ourselves in the amazing team we have built. A team that amplifies connections; both within our team, and for our users. A team with a strong and diverse culture, loving and respecting towards everyone’s individual strengths but also their imperfections. We are solving a real problem through strong emergent leadership and ownership; proactively seeking out challenges, tackling them boldly and inspiring everyone involved.
We are committed to creating a culture which nourishes personal growth as a basis for company growth. We are a learning organization; we love to work with people who take initiative and are not afraid to try, fail and try again. In doing so we create a learning environment. We don’t wait to get to the perfect solution but ask for feedback early.
This can be your workplace
As one of the most promising startups in this field, Mimi is developing software that improves sound for the individual’s hearing ability, based on the biology of the human ear. Our processing is already built into several audio products, and we are expanding our network of partners in consumer electronics. Our challenge is to create a platform of modular, easy-to-integrate products that bring scientifically improved audio to a wider audience.
The Mimi team is a diverse group of innovators with strong expertise in audio engineering, product development, hearing science, partner relations, and communications. Our Hearing Test is the most accurate hearing test app in the App Store, while our sound processing software has been integrated into some of the most high-end consumer electronics brands such as Loewe or Beyerdynamic.
Joining Mimi means you‘ll get the chance to help shape a truly innovative product in a budding market. As we’re still a young team of ±50 people, your input will surely make an impact. This is a chance to help grow a world-class design team from the ground up.
Working on something new brings together a bunch of people who are crazy enough to believe that the future doesn‘t just happen, but needs to be shaped actively. That means plenty of exciting challenges, and wild ideas flying around all the time.
As our Senior Product Designer you will:
- Be the advocate of our users, because you understand that everything begins and ends with them.
- Own and drive the design process in a cross-functional and agile team.
- Have an impact on the value proposition of our product to attract and retain partners and users, focusing on our core metrics.
- Balance user and business needs when developing new product features.
- Have a hypothesis & data-driven approach to designing.
- Create user research plans to validate your hypotheses about concepts or the product as a whole.
- Coach fellow designers on user experience best practices.
- Communicate the value and process of creativity and design across the company.
- Collaborate with product owners to create and maintain product roadmaps.
- Create prototypes of varying fidelity to test your concepts.
- Analyze insights to improve your designs and to share with the design team, and the rest of the company.
What you bring to the table:
- Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design Engineering, User Interface Design, or related fields.
- 5-8 years of experience designing digital experiences and 3-5 years leading projects.
- Excellent command of business English. German is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and an urge to change the status quo.
It would be great if you additionally:
- Have experience driving digital product development and are able to combine designer’s intuition with hypothesis-driven decision making.
- Have experience leading complex projects involving ambiguity, various disciplines, and multiple stakeholders.
- Are an articulate and influential storyteller able to effectively communicate about design to different audiences
- Have experience leading user research to inform product development, marketing and company strategy.
- Have solid skills in generating and showcasing design concepts that go beyond the obvious. High-fidelity prototyping and coding skills are a plus.
- Have experience coaching junior designers.
- Have experience bringing design into agile/SCRUM teams.
- Are passionate about bringing innovation to life that affects millions of people on a daily basis, and would love to join us in solving this opportunity in a new way.
Please apply with your CV, motivational letter, and your portfolio/website