(Senior) Product Designer (m/f/x)
UP42 is changing the way geospatial data is accessed and analyzed. Our developer platform and marketplace bring together multiple sources of data such as satellite imagery, weather data, and more—with algorithms to identify objects, detect change, and find patterns. Industry leaders use UP42 to inform business decisions and build scalable customer solutions.
We are looking for a (Senior) Product Designer (m/f/x) to join the Product team to continue building a product that allows users to explore, use, and build upon our technology.
About the role:
- Drive the design implementation of platform features, for one or more product teams, following discovery, solutioning, validation, execution, tracking and reviewing best practices
- Build wireframes & prototypes using any combination of tools, or even code, to test our assumptions and design decisions
- Be one with the high performing cross-functional product teams, with members that cover roles in product, front-end, back-end, data science and QA
- Contribute to clear product communication across stakeholders during the feature development journey. Interact with internal teams (sales, customer support, marketing, etc.) to minimize uncertainty and maximize alignment
- Engage with the target audience to learn about how our products are used and contribute to the critical thinking of the product by asking the right questions
- Continue curating and developing the top user and developer experience that is making a difference in the geospatial industry
- Together with the design team, continue developing best in class Design Ops
- Several years of experience shipping B2B products through the entire product development lifecycle
- Experience with balancing multiple projects at different levels while keeping execution and user value always in mind
- Experience working with engineers and developers on a technical product
- Given a high level feature, ability to conduct product discovery within the team, investigate user needs and problems, and deliver product solutions that add value to our users
- Proven track record of working with a user-centered approach and a knowledge of user research methods, usability, and accessibility, as well as UI design
- The chance to shape the state of the art geospatial processing platform and create a completely new planetary perspective
- Modern office with everything you need to enjoy your work in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Competitive salary package and other perks such as yoga lessons, Headspace subscription, public transportation discount, German classes, discounted Urban Sports Club membership, and counseling support.
- Regular team events, team updates and get-togethers
- Development budget: we help you grow as you grow UP42!
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Does this sound like a good next step into your geospatial career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.
Our culture is one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated. We seek to recruit the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background and/or belief—and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We also value more than the skills and experiences outlined in this job description. Even if you think you only fill 60% of the requirements for this role – we would still like to consider your application.