🖖 Who We Are
Prospr is helping frontline employees (think baristas, gym trainers, hair stylists, nurses, and waiters) keep in touch, manage their schedules, track workplace issues, and stay on top of training all while becoming more connected members of their teams. We’re Slack, Trello, JIRA, Google Drive, Confluence and more for people who don’t work behind a desk.
We’ve just closed a $3.2M Series Seed led by Bonfire Ventures, Quiet Capital and Animo and are already trusted by well-known international brands including Dunkin Donuts, 1-800-GOT-JUNK and New York Sports Clubs (NYSC)
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to empower frontline workers worldwide.
😬 What Awaits
We’ve gotten impressively far on a dream and a badass MVP. Now we need you to help us turn this into robust, well-designed, stable and scalable enterprise-grade software. You’ll use your passion for beautiful, efficient, and idiomatic design, your curiosity and your tendency toward obsessiveness to produce a product that you’re proud of. When you’re not designing, you’ll be sharing your hobbies, interests and knowledge with the rest of us – contributing to an environment that’s always buzzing with intellectual curiosity and excitement.
You will be more than just another designer – you’ll be a founding employee. You’ll play a defining part in shaping the culture and future of Prospr. This is a rare opportunity to build the company you want to work for from the ground up. We’re expanding from a couple of founders, to a full-fledged tech team by the end of 2021. If you want a truly fast-paced startup experience, where every person plays a critical role, this adventure is for you.
👩💻 The Role
We’re looking for an experienced and self-directed UX/UI designer for the Prospr mobile and web applications. As the first and leading member of our creative team, you’ll be responsible for leveraging your experience with user-centered design principles to craft a creative vision for Prospr, and then work with product management and engineering teams to execute on that vision. You will use your expertise to turn our MVP into a user-friendly, visually inspired, design masterpiece. You’ll help us rationalize existing design decisions, turning them into well-principled, tested and consistent elements across web and mobile. The ideal candidate is a human-centered designer with excellent visual communication skills and a particular passion for design systems.
This role offers an incredible amount of growth potential as it not only reports directly to the
CTO, but also requires a significant amount of collaboration with the product, engineering, and
marketing teams. In addition to product design, you’ll also need to spend about 10% of your
time leading visual design of assets for marketing and sales with the aid of a freelancer of your choosing. Being our first design hire, you’ll have the rare opportunity to influence the way we think about design as an organization.
Working With Us
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product management, customer success, marketing and engineering
- Bring your knowledge about personas, user journeys and flows, usability, best practises and easy navigation to create a great UX.
- Lead development of, and maintain design systems, UI pattern libraries and style guides and apply these in development of new features to ensure a common look-and-feel across all areas of the application.
- Deliver actionable designs: journey maps, user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes for all our platforms (web, iOS, Android).
- Translate our product vision into simple and delightful user experiences
- Analyze the design of existing features, and make constructive suggestions for incremental improvement
- Balance form and function with speed, practicality and accessibility
- Starting with clearly stated user problems and roughly sketched product features, develop a robust and elegant user interface in collaboration with the product owner and the dev team.
- Conduct research on market competitors and stay abreast of new developments in UI/ UX design, incorporating the results into your daily work.
- Share your UI/UX knowledge with your peers, so that we all can benefit from each other’s expertise
What You Bring
- At least 4 years of work experience in the whole UX/UI design process with a good portfolio of work that demonstrates your experience creating successful cross-platforms designs.
- A titillating portfolio of design projects
- Expert knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience working with modern design tools like Sketch or Figma
- Understand the technical implications your design decisions can have.
- Fluent command of English (German not required)
- Basic knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- The ability to clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Cross-platform design experience (Web, iOS, Android, etc)
- Good technical understanding of how to build and maintain design systems and pattern libraries
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with conducting regular usability tests.
- Eagerness to take ownership of a task from inception to completion without losing focus of the business context.
🙌 Why Work With Us
- The best tools: MacBook Pro, 34” UltraWide Monitor, Beats Headphones
- Learning Budget: EUR 3.000 / year
- Urban Sports Club Membership
- Monthly BVG Ticket
- Annual Team Retreat
- Competitive Salary: €55k – €70k
- Equity Participation
How to apply
If you feel like you might enjoy joining this adventure, and you feel confident that you’d be a strong contributor, we want nothing more than to hear from you. We especially encourage you to apply if you are a member of one or more marginalized groups, for example if you are a person of color, neurodiverse, a wom*n, non-binary or otherwise gender non-conforming, and/or a member of the LGBTQ+ community.
🥳 🥳 No Take-Home Interview Tasks ! 👨💻 🤢
Please send us your CV, and optionally anything else that tells us more about you and your skills, such as a link to a portfolio or your personal website. Don’t worry about writing a cover letter – we think your work and experience speak for themselves.