Senior UI/UX Designer
SoloLearn is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded Senior Product Designer to join our international product team and help shape the future of our learning experience.
SoloLearn is on a mission to build the most fun, accessible, and effective platform to teach people how to code. Our unique learning format offers a mobile-first approach, focusing on a bite-sized learning format for over 25 different programming languages. We have created one of the largest communities of code learners in the world that supports each other by actively participating in our Q&A forum, contributing code samples for all to see on the Code Playground, and even developing community-led courses.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that learners love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. The role demands great execution, an obsession with quality, and creative problem solving for users and business goals. The perfect person is not afraid of ownership and is determined to understand the users and help them reach their educational goals.
- Heavily contribute to redefining how people consume educational content on mobile, with in-depth research as well as high-level visual implementations
- Make mobile learning refreshingly simple, effective, and humane. Turn complex problems into intuitive experiences.
- Work on Sololearn’s multitude of products
- Evangelize design thinking and prove the value of design every day
- Guide and help develop skills of UI designers
- Communicate and clearly document design decisions
- Utilize user testing insights to guide design decisions
- Create high-quality deliverables including app and site structure, flows, wireframes, prototypes, style guides, heuristic evaluations, etc.
The perfect candidate should have:
- 5+ years of experience designing and shipping digital apps and websites. Experience with consumer education, mobile, and subscription-based software is very strongly preferred.
- Problem-solver who grounds design decisions in qualitative research and data.
- Demonstrated strong interaction and visual design skills, focus on execution, and a proven ability to apply best-practices in the context of mobile products.
- Expert at mobile design best-practices; strong working knowledge of the Android and iOS HIG and Material guidelines.
- Creative leadership; hands-on individual contributor, thought leader, and passionate mentor. Teams trust and respect your point of view.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates the process from beginning to finish
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Proficiency in Figma as well as a good understanding of other modern design tools
- Ability to effectively take feedback and work both collaboratively and autonomously
Will be a plus if you have:
- Gaming experience
- Experience facilitating ideation workshops
- Experience creating meaningful UI animations