Senior User Research Lead/Manager – EU
Experience Design at Wayfair (Content Strategy, Product Design and User Research) is accountable for the cohesive vision for exceptional end-user experiences with a comprehensive view of a given end-user’s end-to-end journey across all touchpoints.
User research is one of our best kept secrets. We are a world class and rapidly growing team that drives strategic business, design, and product impact at scale. We define and solve big ambiguous problems. Driving through discipline excellence our function has a voice and is respected throughout the company.
Our open role(s) offer you an opportunity to turbocharge your research career in a high performing research environment.
At Wayfair the research team is structured in a global operational model, which means that in joining us you have regular access to learning, feedback, and input from researchers leading tracks of work across a range of end users (agents, corporate employees, customers B2B + B2C, field workers and suppliers), geographies, and digital storefronts.
User researchers at Wayfair are leaders, storytellers, and courageous trail blazers who leverage the full range of methods and techniques to deliver a nuanced understanding of the end-user and their needs. Self-starters in nature, they thrive in fast paced, fluid environments that allow team members to leverage their strengths and passions to influence what we do and how we do it.
Whether you prefer to lead research projects, individuals, and/or teams, at Wayfair we have a professional growth path and career track that allows you to plan for and pursue your aspirations.
International expansion team is responsible for bringing Wayfair’s suite of customer-facing websites and Apps to new markets and optimizing the experience for each non-U.S. market so we deliver the best possible experience. Our existing businesses in Canada, the U.K., and Germany are already among the fastest growing at Wayfair but there’s still tons of opportunity ahead and leaders across the company are looking to this team to further accelerate our growth.
Work with cross-functional experience design, product and business teams to develop, lead, and execute a research vision and agenda. Identify, plan and conduct research studies that will drive to world class product strategy and design solutions. Act as a strategic thought partner and mentor in democratizing research knowledge and skill sets amongst peers and collaborators. Fiercely advocate for the voice of the end-user, while balancing business needs.
- Work with business, product, and design teams on web and mobile products, with a mix of B2B, B2C, and enterprise products
- Influence a diverse set of stakeholders through excellent relationship building, and providing insight and deep domain expertise in research practices and product strategy and development
- Lead with a strong voice and informed perspective. Embodies a research leader and thought partner
- Participate in research initiatives across multiple workgroups, coordinating efforts to achieve unified strategy and solutions for touchpoints across the end user’s journey
- Apply deep knowledge and craft expertise in conducting foundational, formative, and evaluative research
- Lead generative research to define problem spaces and identify opportunity areas
- Lead evaluative research to optimize planned and existing technology solutions
- Use a range of qualitative and quantitative methods such as: contextual interviews, field research, surveys, diary studies, focus groups, or concept, remote and usability testing.
- Using artifacts, prototypes, and other stimuli to gather feedback from, and learn about, users
- Communicate research findings and prioritized recommendations to internal stakeholders in a clear and compelling way
- Contribute to and build internal body of end user knowledge
- Leverage and contribute to research best practices
What We’ll Gladly Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation packages (comprising of Base Salary, Bonuses and Equity). Full VISA sponsorship.
- Relocation support
- Full ownership of your wellbeing with our unlimited “Personal Time Off”,
- Paid volunteering work,
- Contribution to private pension,
- Commuting schemes (car, bike, public transport),
- Extensive internal training platform,
- Free access to LinkedIn e-learning courses and programs,
- Comprehensive financial scheme for Learning & Development opportunities and continuous education,
- Access to German language courses,
- Health & Sport memberships,
- Virtual child care,
- Global Wellbeing Program,
- Employee discount for Wayfair purchases,
- Corporate benefits