UI/UX Designer // Liquid Democracy
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer (m/f/x) with great ideas for the future of democracy
Since 2009 Liquid Democracy has worked to create the future of democracy. As an independent non-profit organization, we strive to discover new concepts and methods for digital citizen participation. The core of our work is to create our open source participation software Adhocracy. With Adhocracy we enable citizens and anyone who is interested to collectively develop ideas, discuss issues and make decisions. Our partners are political parties, municipalities, NGOs, foundations and civic initiatives. Our recent projects include the central participation platform for the state of Berlin, mein.berlin.de, the European idea challenge Advocate Europe (advocate-europe.eu) and SpeakUp (speakup.digital), an assistant to foster more inclusive face-to-face discussions.
For our team in Berlin, we are looking for a UI/UX Designer from December 1st 2019.
As our UI/UX Designer you work closely with our development team as part of our Scrum Team. You design the user interfaces of our software projects and some print materials for our organization.
- Concept development and design of the UI and UX of individual features, digital platforms and projects, which enable digital participation
- Concept development and user testing of concepts using user flows, wireframes, prototypes and other methods
- Design UI elements and digital design using Sketch and developing style guidelines mostly based on Bootstrap
- Make sure your designs adhere to regulations and principles of accessibility (e.g. German BITV 2.0, WCAG, etc.)
- You have at least 2 years of experience in designing digital interfaces
- You like to find creative solutions for technical constraints and your work focusses on the needs of users
- A focus on accessibility and working based on the Bootstrap framework was part of some of your former projects
- You like taking responsibility in a small team
- You are interested in the topics participation and direct forms of democracy
- Ideally you have some knowledge of HTML 5 und CSS/SASS and have previously worked with Sketch and Zeplin.io
- Some knowledge of German
- Location: Berlin (Neukölln)
- Limited contract for 2 years with the option for unlimited position afterwards
- 24–28 working hours per week
- Six weeks of vacation per year
- Start date: December 1st 2019
- Salary depending on experience level and working hours between 2.300 € and 2.800 € (before taxes)
Why Should You Work With Us?
We work for society
At Liquid Democracy you work at a non-profit which wants to further social change and strives to find innovative answers to pressing political questions.
Your ideas matter to us
Our team values transparency, working collaboratively and involving every team member in decision making processes.
We look forward to your digital application via email to [email protected] Please include your earliest possible start date and a link to a portfolio/ previous projects. Applications and any questions can be directed to Katharina. The deadline for applications is October 27th, 2019.