Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world’s largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 15 million users have planted over 130 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We are looking for a UX copywriter to work with our product and content teams in Berlin. As Ecosia’s user base grows, and as we launch new products and initiatives, it’s important that our copy is informative, simple, and consistent. To do so, we need an experienced writer to shape verbal interactions with our users — by writing and iterating on copy on our website, landing pages, and apps, as well as creating and improving structures and processes in this area. Sounds interesting? Read on!
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Create and maintain copy across all of our products that make Ecosia easy to understand and delightful to use. This includes everything from system messages to release notes.
- Work together with User Research, Business Intelligence and Product teams to optimize existing solutions and test ideas.
- Ensure consistency between brand personality, tone of voice guidelines and product copy.
- Set up processes for Product teams, bridge the gap between Product and Marketing by working closely with our in-house Content team.
- Improve copy handover and localization processes within Product and Marketing teams, including external translator and flows when necessary.
YOUR AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE:
- 3+ years of operational experience in UX copywriting in B2C products, incl. creation and management of copy for system messages, buttons, error messages, notifications.
- Strong understanding of TOV guidelines, user needs, growth and retention strategies.
- Previous experience working in cross-functional teams with other designers, PMs, and engineers, as well as working with different stakeholders, especially with Marketing teams.
- Experience in working with quantitative and qualitative insights to inform writing and design decisions.
- Native-level English or equivalent. The ability to proofread or understand Spanish, French, or German is a plus.
THE HIRING PROCESS:
- Phone screener with Jazmin (30 min)
- Portfolio review with Naz and Joshi (60 min)
- Take-home case study
- Presentation of case study + in-person interview with Hannah, Naz and Ina (90 min)
- What if your job made a real difference to the climate crisis? Join Ecosia and help plant millions of trees where people and ecosystems need them most.
- We offer you the opportunity to balance work with other parts of your life. (Flexible working hours, more vacation days than the law requires (30 days/year on a five-day week), two no meeting days, remote work options).
- We are a team of more than 25 nationalities that includes people from different sexual orientations, ages, races, physical/mental abilities, child/pet/plant parents non-traditional backgrounds.
- We help you live sustainably through our green benefits, such as subsidized public transport cards, bike inspection, green electricity allowance, etc.
- We support your professional growth through monthly learning days, hack days, online and physical library, 2000€ development allowance per year, continuous feedback, etc.
– Want to know what it’s like to work for Ecosia?
– Ecosia’s career page
– 10 questions for Ecosia’s Founder and CEO
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity or are primary caregivers, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.