UX Designer // MedBelle
My name is Benjamin and I am the Head of Product here at Medbelle, where it is our mission to build the first digital hospital.
First of all, let me tell you what Medbelle is all about.
As you know, the healthcare system as we know it can often be inefficient, disorganised and overstretched. Its complicated administrative processes contribute largely to its struggle to keep up with rapidly advancing technology, resulting in bad experiences for both patients and healthcare professionals alike.
As the first digital hospital, we are rebuilding the healthcare experience from scratch. This is what allows us to provide patients with an outstanding level of care that we would love to experience ourselves.
Backed by renowned international investors, we are helping an ever-growing number of patients receive the highest quality of medical procedures the UK has to offer. To help us maintain this level of care, we need to expand our product team with highly motivated and passionate people who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
User Experience is at the center of Medbelle
As a vertically integrated marketplace we interact with patients, surgeons and hospitals via our proprietary software tools – on mobile, tablet and desktop. Patient-facing, we are a mobile-first app.
We derive our value from orchestrating the whole value chain from discovery to information to consultation to treatment. As such, we see it as our mission to make every interaction along this journey functional, performant and delightful.
We iterate and move fast but also put an extraordinary focus on service quality, technological integrity and the happiness of our patients, partners and staff – as evidenced by our stellar reviews online.
We believe in building products that our users love. To enable that, we have a big and seasoned in-house engineering team and work with lean and agile software development methodologies.
As we grow and expand our offering, we are looking for a passionate professional to join our agile team as a UX Designer.
What you will do:
- You have full ownership of UX design across our three existing software products and will collaborate closely with Product Management
- You are establishing UX design processes to allow you to cooperate effectively with Product Management and Engineering
- You are planning and creating user experiences that are intuitive and delightful but also functional and performant
- You are generating user stories, personas, user journeys and other insights via UX research and experiments
- You are translating user stories into wireframes, flowcharts, mockups and prototypes as part of our agile team and in close collaboration with our software engineers
- You are an integral part of our agile team and involved in our two-week sprints, but also independently own projects to make our UX industry-leading
What you bring to the table:
- You have extensive experience as a UX designer (UI design is a plus) and an existing portfolio that shows your passion for products that people love
- You have experience with prototyping and designing for the web, especially mobile-first
- You have the ability to advocate for evidence-based design that balances user needs with business objectives
- You are proficient in prototyping and UX methodologies and your experience allows you to establish all necessary UX processes
- You are proficient in English (spoken & written)
- Bonus points if you have skills or experience in any of the following: HTML, CSS, Material Design, Healthcare, agile development, startups or other fast-moving organizations.
What we offer you:
- This is an opportunity to become part of one of Berlin’s most successful startups and grow with the company
- When you’re doing a great job, you will always have the opportunity to take on more responsibility and grow professionally and personally
- This job will give you a high amount of creative freedom and ownership and provide you with an opportunity to significantly shape our core products
- You will work on real and challenging problems with smart people who care
- We do stuff together – Join the Medbelle family if you love Friday beers, team dinners and impeccable office banter
- And of course the most important stuff. A constant supply of coffee, fruits and a weekly brunch powers you while you reinvent global healthcare. Oh, and we have English tea, lots of English tea.
- A competitive salary
What the crew is like and why I love working here:
Our Medbelle family is a small and truly international team (75%+ internationals). We pride ourselves on our company culture that’s focused on building a great service with a professional emphasis on numbers and growth.
As a typical Berlin startup, we, of course, have the usual fun stuff: free coffee & British tea, fruits, pancake Tuesdays, an amazing Villa in Kreuzberg, Friday memes and team events we probably shouldn’t talk about here. But what I love most about working for Medbelle is the honest desire to help improve the experiences of our patients – that’s what keeps us motivated and driven.
We move quickly. If you are a great match, we can cover the initial phone interviews, an on-site interview with me and a chat with the founders all within two weeks. I look forward to hearing from you!
Benjamin (Head of Product)