UX Designer (m/f/d) // Small Improvements
Help us make work a better place! Small Improvements is turning traditional performance management into an ongoing and positive feedback conversation. We serve 750 customers worldwide, including SoundCloud, Zapier, Vimeo, and many more.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Designer who loves agile product development. Help us move faster and craft an awesome user experience for existing and new customers alike.
What you’ll do
We’re a company of 32 smart and opinionated people, we have 750 paying customers, and want to grow. Help us build great functionality that inspires prospects and keeps customers happy!
Join our Product team, and work with our cross-functional feature teams to make our product truly world-class. As a UX Designer, you’ll focus on designing the experience for users interacting with our tool in different contexts, define the information architecture in the tool, building a deep understanding of our users and sharing the insights with the company:
- Steer the direction of the overall UX design
- Work with the Product team to conceptualize features and ideas and communicate these to developers
- Propose improvements to the application’s overall interface design in the context of usability and UX
- Cultivate good internal processes across teams
- Conduct user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions and provide quality observations and insights
- Translate customer insights into concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps and prototypes with Sketch, InVision, or other tools of your choice
- Additionally, you’ll stay up to date with broader trends, be available for ad-hoc questions from developers and provide new and creative ideas to contribute to the team’s skillset.
To learn more about how we work, visit the Design Team’s page.
Who we’re looking for
We believe that the following traits will be beneficial:
- You’re passionate about building a great product, and understand how to iterate to an ideal end state
- You love to experiment, prototype and validate at high pace.
- You’re fine to start from scratch when experiments “fail”. In fact, you regard failed experiments as success stories
- You enjoy giving and receiving constructive feedback
- You share the company’s values
- You’re an optimist and make things happen
We’re looking specifically for a talented UX designer with experience building complex software the agile way:
- You have at least 3 years of proven experience designing UX for complex web-based applications
- You’re experienced in leading ideation, design and strategic workshops with collaborative teams and with users
- You consider all the complexities of delivering business and customer value and have passion for uniting user goals with those of our business
- You have a long history of working directly with developers and product managers
- You’ve worked in small companies where individual impact matters. Prior B2B experience would be a plus
We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we value diversity. We’re looking for friendly and bright people who can develop a great product without developing a huge ego.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re self-funded — our only “investors” are our amazing customers who have helped us grow our customer base largely through word of mouth.
- We balance life at work with life outside of work, and we don’t believe in overtime. If you want to work from home one day a week or a few weeks a year, that’s fine too.
- We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we believe diversity makes our culture and our product better.
- We invest in our people. You’ll get a learning & development budget, days off for attending conferences, and if you like, we’ll support you in learning German.
- We want to do well by doing good, so we turn down dodgy clients and donate 2% of our profits to charity.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.