UX / Product Designer (m/f/d) // HomeToGo
Who we are
HomeToGo is the world’s largest vacation rental search engine, helping millions of users around the world book their dream vacation in over 200 countries. Behind our product, is a talented team of 150+ dedicated to helping people find the perfect vacation rental, whether a cozy cabin in Colorado or a dog-friendly beach house in Ibiza. Driven by our innovative and open culture, our international team brings together our passion for travel and technology to change the way people book vacations.
Ranked by Gründerszene magazine as Germany’s fastest growing start-up, we’re now searching for the best and brightest talents to join us on our journey.
You will be in charge of leading design within a business line team (e.g. “Core Search” or “On-site Booking”). You’ll guide stakeholders through the design process – from the first problem statement to finally handing off a pixel-perfect mockup to our engineers.
You will play a key role in making HomeToGo’s products, services, and internal processes better by asking the right questions and providing outstanding solutions to business and user problems.
In this role you will
- take full responsibility for the design process and outcome within your business line team.
- understand and observe user behavior, dig into data, draw conclusions, and cautiously interpret findings in order to make the right decision for your design proposals.
- contribute to a rock solid, yet highly flexible, design process/system, based on your findings working with the business line team.
- contribute to building a common cultural attitude and push standards to the next level within the design team.
What you’ll bring:
- Passion for questioning assumptions and solving problems through design
- Strong mobile focus
- Strong willingness to improve HomeToGo’s user experience while taking into account business needs.
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for coming up with new solutions yet being pragmatic about utilizing existing approaches
- Qualitative skills in user discovery as well as quantitative research experience (we have a research team who will always be there for you, but you need to understand the basics)
- Strong ability to self-organise and work in a goal-oriented manner in a dynamic, agile, diverse, and international environment
- Strong communication of design decisions, as well as presentation skills
- Proficiency in using Sketch as your go-to design software incl. smart usage of libraries and plugins, prototyping tools such as InVision or Marvel, and experience with project management tools such as JIRA is welcome.
- 2+ years experience of planning, creating, and optimising user experiences for digital products
- An outstanding track record of work demonstrating a thorough design process that solves UX problems
- German is not necessary.
What we offer:
- We are a small but highly effective team that will offer you true ownership, growth, and the chance to make a real impact on a global product. Our mantra is to face reality as early as possible – questioning our own or co-workers’ assumptions is the starting point of our day-to-day work.
- Regular feedback and professional development via 1:1 meetings, 360° feedback, and performance reviews
- An international work environment with colleagues from more than 27 nationalities around the world
- In-house English and German courses
- Employee-led workshops, a growing library, and the chance to visit conferences & meetups to ensure personal and professional growth
- MacBook Pro goes without saying, adjustable standing desks, free fruit, weekly yoga classes, and company breakfasts
- Frequent company and team events, Beer Fridays, lunch roulettes, and regular charity initiatives
- Attractive salaries and visa sponsorship
- Check out what your future colleagues have said about us on Glassdoor and Kununu!
We want to make sure you and us are the perfect fit. If you read until here and are enthusiastic about joining our team please send some more info about you and your motivations: https://boards.greenhouse.io/hometogo/jobs/1493425