About the job
We are rapidly expanding our team and we are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join us. You will work together with all of our teams, ideating, creating concepts, fleshing out design work from discovery through to delivery. Your ideas will be sought, listened to and implemented.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development of our design system.
- Design the graphical user interface of our desktop application, web properties and other digital assets.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team that includes our UX/UI designer, Customer Insight, Web design and Marketing specialists, software developers and quality assurance engineers.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Research the best practices and make sure we are applying them.
- Conduct UX/User Testing sessions with our customers.
The position is full time and will be based in our Berlin office.
What you bring to the role
First and foremost, you are a passionate, self-motivated designer with a drive to continually improve our product suite for the customers’ benefit. You want to design visually pleasing and usable experiences – and encourage intuitive user behaviours – that help everyone work more effectively with 3T tools. In a startup projects evolve and switch direction quickly, so we value passion, resilience, ideas and a pragmatic attitude over formal qualifications.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following:
- An exciting portfolio showcasing your design thinking and vision.
- A desire to work collaboratively with our multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of UX/UI design processes and methodology.
- Familiarity with customer research methodologies and turning customer feedback into action.
- A good understanding of the technical implications of your design decisions and knowing when to compromise.
- A love for problem solving, new challenges, and a desire to drive your projects from research to completion with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience using Figma as the primary design and prototyping tool.
- Fluent English communication skills, both speaking and writing.
Extra credit if you already have experience or a strong interest in one or more of:
- Hands-on work experience designing desktop applications and complex digital products.
- Knowledge of tools like Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Experience working in an international and multicultural workplace.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working from home policy.
- 30 days holiday allowance.
- This role offers the chance to work on our complex and interesting MongoDB IDE products and really have your voice heard in making an impact on the final result.
- A great environment: our team is sociable, diverse, and most of all, inclusive.
- A great space to work: our new office space comes with free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks, and beer, as well as fitness classes on Mondays, yoga on Thursdays, free German courses, and the occasional free pizza lunch. Being a start-up, we of course have a ping-pong table (and a CEO who’s hard to beat).
If this sounds good to you, please send us your portfolio, covering letter and CV in English to:
We look forward to hearing from you.