UX / UI Designer
We are Insight Guides & Rough Guides – APA
For over 45 years, Insight Guides and Rough Guides have enabled travellers to realise their trips of a lifetime. As a spin-off from the guide books we now provide travellers with an unique online platform to access our unparalleled travel expertise and provide an easy-to-use solution for the planning and booking of amazing travel experiences.
Our travel business is aimed at well-informed middle-to-high-budget individual travellers aged 35 plus. With offices in London and Warsaw and remote staff all over the world, we are a truly global business.
For July 15th / tbd we are looking for a highly motivated mid-level UX / UI Designer (3+ years experience in UX) to join our team and bring our travel platform to the next level.
Specifically, you’ll join us for improving the front door / landing pages and lead generation funnel for our travel platform and for partner brands with a similar product, and later on for development of new product features
As A UX designer in this role you will be responsible for
- translating of business ideas and product visions into feasible features and MVPs
- analysing customer journeys, user flows & interactions and information architecture to identify areas to improve the user experience
- creating user stories, use case descriptions and user flows along the customer journey
- visualising concepts & user interactions for discovery, documentation and implementation (sketches, flowcharts, user story mapping)
- creating interactive prototypes and visualisations (Wireframes, Mockups, Sitemaps etc.) to evaluate UX hypotheses
- creating UI designs (multiple devices) while building, maintaining and enlarging the UI design system in Figma
- assuring / testing the quality of interactions, frontend layers & templates created by development team
- contributing to / enabling UX discovery formats
- owning your results and creating data driven solutions.
- collaborating closely with the product managers for UX work across multiple projects and brands, and with the development team for implementation
Essentials – as an ideal candidate you bring the following to the table:
- proven UX experience in all stages of user centred concept & design process, including understanding / collecting requirements, sketching, wireframing & prototyping. (experience can be across multiple projects, please cover in portfolio & CV)
- 3+ years experience in UI design and wireframing / prototyping (provide samples in portfolio)
- Strong skills in Figma, ability to create, maintain and enlarge a design system based on initial key designs
- Experience in designing both mobile app & web based products
- Strong visual design skills, adherence to design principles and proven best practices / good patterns for responsive / adaptive design
- Ability to explain your ”why” for interface or interaction choices
- Solution-driven & pragmatic mindset focused on achieving outstanding results as a team
- Ownership mentality for your projects
- Self-organisation skills & planning / estimating tasks
- Strong communication and listening skills in order to best capture input / feedback from external and internal stakeholders.
- Experience in creating motion or animated visuals is a plus
- Fluency in English (German a plus)
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and bootstrap
- Experience in process modelling & diagram visualisation
- Experience in animations / animated visuals & micro-interactions
- Degree in Human interaction, interaction design or other UX related subjects such as psychology or ergonomics
- Fully remote position in a distributed team with regular in person sessions
- You will be challenged to grow and create with us – your opportunity to learn from experienced team members and grow into the position in an agile environment
- Working in a global start-up set to conquer the leisure travel market
- Stable, long-term project contract on self-employment basis
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus based on achieved targets
- International, dynamic and diverse culture located across multiple European cities (mainly in CH, DE & UK)
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply to email@example.com – subject “Job application UX Designer” with your letter of motivation, CV, portfolio and salary expectations.