UX/UI Product Designer (m/f/x) // Ecosia
Ecosia, or as we like to call it, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world’s leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees by 2020. So far our 8+ million users have planted over 55 million trees with their 80 million weekly searches. We are growing and planting worldwide.
We are looking for a passionate Product Designer to join us in Berlin and help bring our search experience to the next level! Do you want to become part of an inspiring team and shape a product used by millions of users?
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing smart, unique search experiences for the responsive web and constantly delivering them to millions of users
- Applying UX crafts like sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, information architecture and interaction design to help shape a product our users love
- Always striving towards a better understanding of the user perspective via qualitative and quantitative research
- Optimizing the search experience and monetization by running and evaluating tests
- Growing and applying a coherent, living design systems with our other designers
- Confidently presenting your ideas, designs and decisions – and then guiding them to realization
- Facilitating a collaborative process with key stakeholders including product managers, developers, designers, and BI among others, while iterating on and building new features
What you bring:
- Heart that is beating for our users and our cause
- 2+ years of relevant work experience: You worked on mobile-first, web based, consumer facing products. Your work was in a fast-paced environment as part of a cross-functional team that applied agile methodologies
- Strong grasp of information architecture and user experience design
- Proven ability to create and optimise an outstanding user experience through iteration and qualitative and quantitative testing
- Demonstrated experience in working with the tools you need to get the job done – Sketch, Photoshop, Principle, InVision are just a few of the tools we use
- Fluent spoken and written English (German not required)
- Respect and passion for our core values which can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H3msh0tF0Mx-cBothy8V8h28jbQKlf1Om0q0O-gvsO8/edit
- Bonus: You worked with a search related product before
What we offer:
- Opportunity to shape and develop a product used by millions of users
- Becoming a member of a highly skilled, cross-functional team eager to collaborate and change the world
- Monthly learning days during which you can focus on anything you want
- Chance to be part of a meaningful challenge and having a global positive impact
- Fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experience
- Fantastic office in the heart of Berlin
- Flexible working hours and location (two no-meeting days per week)
- All the tools you need and perks like a free-book policy
- Weekly breakfasts
- Oh, and coffee, and organic apples, we have plenty of both
We recognise that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
By submitting your application you are agreeing that your private details will be collected, stored securely and used for the purposes of recruitment. The data that you provide will be visible to the hiring teams only. It will be deleted within a month after a position has been filled. Here is a link to our privacy statement: https://info.ecosia.org/privacy. Please reach out to [email protected] for further requests.