Visual Designer // Senic
At Senic, we’re building the next generation of smart home devices that put human centered design first. We build high quality controls, sensors and software that help humans interact with their music, lighting and other technologies in the home seamlessly and naturally without distraction. We’re tackling the rapidly growing problem of how technology affects our wellbeing with an eye for design and high quality, local manufacturing in Germany.
Our international and fun-loving team is made up of 20+ talented people with backgrounds in electrical & mechanical engineering, computer science, industrial & graphic design and psychology. We’re backed by Y Combinator, American and German VCs.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced designer to join our team in Berlin. As the visual designer you’ll be responsible for leading a range of strategic, conceptual and creative projects for Senic. You’ll develop and guide the visual identity of Senic, provide guidance and direction to the team and champion creative excellence.
- Lead the visual design of the Senic develop the Nuimo brand
- Work across a range of disciplines including brand strategy, brand identity, communications, packaging, digital and moving image
- Create a cohesive brand experience for customers across all touchpoints
- Work closely with the marketing team to guide the strategy and visual aesthetic of campaigns and create visual assets (promotional materials, ads)
- Work closely with the software and product team to guide the UX and UI of the product experience
- Grow and learn as a key member of the Senic team
We’re looking for a positive, conscientious designer who can work individually as well as part of a small interdisciplinary team. A creative with a genuine interest in technology, culture and a passion for design.
- Experience working in-house or in an agency environment (3+ years)
- Able to take ownership of a project, from initial briefing to concepts, visuals and onto print ready artwork
- Comfortable developing content across multiple platforms, from print and digital to video
- Working experience of digital design (web/app/UX/UI) a major plus
- Strong storytelling skills and a passion for building brands
- Enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent working knowledge across the Adobe CC suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, InDesign)
- Experience with photography and video editing a major plus
- You are fluent in English (with German a plus)
- You have a sense of humor and enjoy having a beer or coffee with your team