Android Developer (m/f) // Free2Move
Thanks for stopping by! First, here’s a little bit about us. Free2Move is a subsidiary of the PSA group based in Berlin – and one of the most exciting projects in the mobility sector. Through our app, people can access 70,000 shared vehicles in 30 cities across the globe – and find, reserve and book all shared vehicles around them, whether a scooter, car or bike, all on ONE map. Let that sink in for a minute. Amazing, right? With 1 million people having accessed our app, we’re pretty happy to say our customers think so too. Our database of sharing providers, from car2go, COUP, Donkey Republic and Drivy is growing with every update of the app, as well as our spirit to change the mobility game across the world. When it comes down to it, at Free2Move we believe moving around your city should be effortless, sustainable… and just not so damn complicated. And that’s where YOU come in! We’re always looking for the smartest, best, most innovative people to join our awesome team and make this vision a reality. Are you looking for your next challenge? Then read on, friend.
- Build and maintain our Free2Move Android App
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship exciting new features
- You will work closely with our product management, UI/UX designers and backend engineers
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Monitoring and improving application performance and user experience
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- 2+ years of relevant experience with Java, Android SDK, Kotlin would be a benefit
- Knowledge and experience with development paradigms like Design Patterns, Clean Code, Agile Development, Unit Testing
- Knowledge of such libraries as Retrofit, RxJava or RxAndroid
- Experience with location-based services
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Willingness to learn something new and to improve your own capabilities
- Ability to adapt and introduce new technologies and methods
- You can accompany a feature from idea to realization
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus
Welcome to the circle of trust
Our people make us who we are, so as a Free2Movester you’ll benefit from these (and more) values:
- Flat hierarchies. No chain of command to pass your ideas up.
- A super friendly, super international team.
- Room and encouragement to bring your own ideas. No question is too stupid!
- A bright airy office in central Berlin. You like soft drink fridges, fruit baskets, fancy hand soaps? We’ve got ‘em.
- Your very own buddy to help you settle in, help you with paperwork and show you the good lunch spots.
- Up to 30 days holiday. You deserve it.
- The opportunity to contribute to an amazing product you’ll love.
- Free. Carsharing. Everywhere. Oh yeah.
Sounds like you? Apply now, we are looking forward to getting to know you!