Senior Android Engineer – Mobile Sensors // xbird
We develop ways to use smartphones and wearables to predict and prevent health risks. Our technology captures data streams from the built-in sensors in smartphones and wearables, and translates these into activities and behavioural patterns. With this information, we are able to support the patients in their therapy, giving them the right information at the right time. Ultimately we help patients to follow their doctor’s advice – helping them to get well again, faster.
We are looking for an experienced Android developer to lead our effort on the Android platform. In this role, you will have high responsibility and a strong impact on the company’s success.
You will be working directly on our core product, which collects mobile sensor data, stores it, and eventually uploads it to our cloud service for interpretation. You will work with all manner of sensors, such as the accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer, and magnetometer. You will ensure the data collection runs efficiently, keeping its power consumption minimal. You will collaborate with the whole team on the data interpretation. As we move our product closer to the device you will be responsible for implementing data processing, analysis and learning.
Who are we looking for?
- You have 5+ years of experience developing Android apps and frameworks, in both Java and Kotlin.
- You have worked with sensors on phones before (experience with wearables a big plus).
- You enjoy writing code that handles a lot of data and have experience or awareness of on-device data-processing and ML techniques.
- You have good knowledge of background execution modes on the Android platform.
- You have good knowledge of multi-threaded and asynchronous code.
- You have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You want to do work that matters.
Why join us?
- You will become part of a highly professional, motivated and international team.
- You will have a competitive salary with equity options.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to a great mission.
- You will get invaluable insights into the digital health industry.
We offer you to get in on the ground level of one of Berlin’s most exciting companies with a management team that has already built and successfully exited numerous ventures. We have flat hierarchies and a no-bullshit atmosphere. We work on things that matter. Join our journey!
For any questions, you can also contact us anytime at [email protected]
Data privacy notice