Android Team Lead // Feingold Technologies
Sharecare’s Innovation Technology & Products Center in Berlin is a production grade R&D organization. We develop the future of behavioral analysis technologies and health-related systems for the purpose of creating a world-class intelligent healthcare platform that anyone can use.
Some of our award winning developments include technologies for detecting stress and emotions from voice and text. Our customers use these technologies to understand their relationships with their social circles and how these relationships affect their well-being, which in turn helps us to understand the collective health of large populations. We are currently enriching these technologies with the latest in machine learning, sensors and medical research.
We are ambitious and proactive. And for us it’s not just about technology. It’s about creativity and craft.
We are an organically grown collective, friends of friends of friends, and most have a secondary discipline – namely, music – that we take very seriously.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Take ownership of the full life cycle development off the Android app, including design, architecture and submitting to the Play Store
- Manage a team of 3 Android Developers, define the strategy in the Android team and make sure that company goals are met
- Program mobile applications in Kotlin for the Android platform 4.1 and above, implement client application infrastructure and SDK components, debug, profile and optimize code, write unit tests, integrate with 3rd party APIs, and deploy to the Google Play store in collaboration with the rest of the Android team
- Act as a point of contact for every Android-related issue
- Take a leading role in sprints and release plans
- Set priorities in accordance with the roadmap and business requirements
- Coordinate with Android teams worldwide for the Sharecare platform
- Manage team resources to ensure maximum efficiency
- Manage risks for plans and deployments
- Ensure technical documentation of Android processes and matters is kept up-to-date
- Mentor and train Android team members, assess their performance and plan training programs
- Assess Android candidates for HR recruitment.
- Previous experience of successfully leading an Android team
- At least 5 years of experience developing native Android apps
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in Computer Science, or a related area
- Fluent in English
- Eligibility to work in Germany would be advantageous.
Knowledge and experience
- Extensive experience building Android applications that have been released on Google Play
- Expert familiarity with the Google Play Store and the app submission process
- In depth knowledge of Kotlin, Java, Android SDK and Android NDK
- Excellent skills in Git
- Thorough knowledge of UI/UX patterns and Material Design components and approaches
- Broad experience in Client-server architecture and web paradigm
- Far-reaching experience with the reactive functional programming paradigm RxJava
- Very strong knowledge of Android architecture approaches (Offline, Synchronization, MVP, MVVM, Clean Architecture etc.)
- Extensive Unit testing (JUnit) and UI testing (Espresso) experience
- Broad knowledge of server-side development, as well as iOS and Web development, would be advantageous
- Ability to work well with other team members in creative and technical positions, and also with stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills, resulting in inspiring team members and forging of trusting relationships within a diverse team and across the organization
- Willingness to take initiative and solve critical problems constructively and professionally
- Ability to size technical efforts accurately, work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple releases per sprint.
What we can offer you
- Be part of a dynamic, international and talented team
- The opportunity to get deeply involved in the research and development of our products
- A high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Flat hierarchies, cross-team collaborations and short and open channels of communication
- The chance to learn and grow with regular in-office tech training sessions and participation in conferences
- A generous perks and benefits program for all employees.