Backend Developer (m/f/d) – PHP // Planet Cards
Planet Cards is a dynamic european Leader in the Web2Print sector and one of the most widely used online shops for self-designed cards (birth and wedding cards) and photo products. As an international company with offices in Toulouse, Marseille and Berlin, we are targeting consumers all across Europe. According to the motto “we print your life”, our team of more than 100 employees across Europe works every day with enthusiasm and passion to capture the best moments of our customers on unique and individual products.
Our in-house Engineering team currently consists of 6 engineers with different levels of expertise. They subscribe to the method of xp and the principle of agile development. As part of this international team, you will be in charge of the next generation development of our PHP based ecommerce platforms and work closely with relevant stakeholders.
- Help bringing our current Magento 2 project to the finnish line while maintaining a healthy standard of our current website system (based on Magento 1) through refactoring and implementing new features
- Be part of making wunderkarten.de (based on Symfony2) faster and more competitive
- Support the team (in Germany and France) with technical 2nd level support
- Drive our small Java project (image rendering)
- Spread your knowledge base through working on DevOps tasks (AWS) and front end adjustments
- Add to our team’s knowledge base through daily tech trainings, pair programming and actively sharing your expertise
- You possess 3+ years hands-on experience in professional web development with PHP (OOP)
- You speak English fluently, German is a plus
- You have worked with Magento before, ideally Magento 2
- You preferably have gained experience in working with Java
- You are committed to SOLID, clean code
- You show a solid understanding of design patterns and their usage
- You have knowledge in Symfony 2, Git, nginx, AWS, ansible, jenkins
- You enjoy working in test driven pair programming sessions
- You are keen to work in other areas than backend as well (i.e. frontend, DevOps)
- You are a communicative individual that enjoys working in a team
Our perks & benefits:
- Work-life balance through flexible working hours and family-friendly policies
- Daily tech trainings, weekly tech talks and regular conference visits
- Free French & English language classes
- Lunch allowance of up to 96 € monthly
- Dogs are welcome!
- Regular events with an individual budget at each team’s disposal
- International, multilingual team with an open mind to innovation and new ideas
- Free drinks, healthy snacks and 50 % off at our online stores
- Cozy office in Bergmannkiez – one of Berlin’s most central and trendiest districts
- Regular feedback talks and opportunities for professional development
- Support with your German Work Visa
We have big plans ahead of us. Want to join us on our exciting journey?