Backend Developer (m/f/x)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin/Potsdam or Augsburg
EXOSKELETONS – MADE IN GERMANY
German Bionic, with headquarters in Augsburg and locations in Berlin/Potsdam and Tokyo, is the first German company to develop, manufacture and market smart and connected exoskeletons for industrial use and logistics workplaces. For the interdisciplinary Electronics & IoT team, we are looking for a Backend Developer (m/f/x) to join us at our Berlin/Potsdam or Augsburg locations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your passion is software development. You are always motivated to get to know new technologies and methods and to integrate them sensibly. You love working in an interdisciplinary, international team in which everyone is allowed to contribute and implement ideas on an equal footing. You share our enthusiasm for agile development methods and seek to take on responsibility from day one. You can rely on your well-founded professional competence and your diverse experiences to find intelligent, stable and creative solutions. Whether you are a beginner or more experienced you will find your place with us.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Backend Developer (m/f/x) you will take on a central role in our interdisciplinary development team, whose focus is on building and optimizing our web-based cloud platform German Bionic IO. As the first platform of this kind, German Bionic IO enables real-time processing of the data recorded by our exoskeleton during operation and represents the foundation for data visualization, data intelligence and machine learning. You will work closely with our embedded engineers, data engineers and front-end engineers, to play a key role in shaping the future of connected exoskeletons and our software.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Experience with microservices
- Knowledge of Golang or motivation to familiarize yourself with it quickly. Ideally, you can present your own software projects as a showcase.
- Experience in dealing with database technologies such as Postgres & TICK stack
- Experience with cloud technologies such as docker & docker-compose is desirable
- Experience with AWS or other comparable cloud services is desirable
- Very good written and spoken English skills (knowledge of German is not a prerequisite)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exciting insights into an innovative product and a future-oriented business
- A varied environment at the first German exoskeleton manufacturer
- Attractive salary and social corporate benefits
- Flexible working hours and working arrangements
- Extensive onboarding and numerous learning opportunities
- Career options and prospects in a modern and growing company
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
We are looking forward to your application, including your CV, a motivational letter and relevant certificates, to the attention of Mr. Jonathan Silverman | Human Resources.
You can send your application either via email or by using the application form on our website.
German Bionic, headquartered in Augsburg with bases in Berlin/Potsdam and Tokyo, is the first German company that develops, builds and markets smart exoskeletons with connected IoT platform services for industrial use and logistics workplaces. German Bionic Cray X was specially designed for people manually handling goods and tools, to reduce compression pressure in the lower back area. Linking robust hardware with the latest cloud and IoT technologies, the German Bionic IO platform is the gateway to highest performance solutions and true integration in enterprise systems. We are looking for talents who want to join us to create the tools for the future.
Our products and services are not only unique, they are also multi-award winners. German Bionic has been awarded the prestigious German Founders Award 2019. Previously, the company and its product Cray X have already won numerous awards, including the Bavarian Founders Award 2019, the Land of the Ideas Award 2018 in the category Human and Machine and the MM Award Automatica 2018.