Backend Developer / Possible CTO // denise audio
Are you are backend developer who L O V E S music technology (digital music production, plugins & instruments) and is interested in joining a startup that is building a service-based platform for music production? For music producers it enables working with your projects, plugins and instruments on multiple locations & devices, as well as sharing and collaborating in projects with other music producers. For plugin developers it enables modern licensing and care free distribution among multiple parties. Think of it as a cross-over between Steam and Dropbox.
Who? The team at denise audio (https://www.denise.io/store/denise/BadTape), a Berlin and Netherlands based plugin developer is looking for the right developers joining their mission in building the platform. We’re currently a team of five people, with two working in web-development and DSP/C++.
We’re looking for a total of three roles. A C++ developer, a backender and a frontender. If you can take up multiple roles at once – bonus points.
What will happen:
- Build the MVP with us as a freelancer, in a 4 to 12 week time frame starting at 16 hours a week.
- After this time, further roles and positions will likely be available. Ideally, we’ll find a new team member in you.
- Engineers with CTO ambitions and skills are also welcome to reply. It’s a position we currently have open.
- You can independently plan and execute your work.
- You have good enough engineering skills to be able to build and engineer a dropbox-like web application.
- You can create well-documented and testable code.
- You embrace GraphQL.
- You feel comfortable working with NodeJS/TypeScript.
- Basic frontend skills with ReactJS.
- C++ skills in writing system applications on OS X & Windows.
- Ideally your located in Berlin.
- Experience with the JUCE framework.
- Experience with releasing software, including code signing, creating installers, implementing protection systems, creating GUI’s and automating builds.