Backend Developer (x/f/m) // Baze
Here’s who we are
At Baze, we’re making the science of personalized nutrition actionable and convenient for as many people as possible. We’re working on a product that adds years to people’s lives. Healthy, vibrant years. The best years. We have offices in Berlin, Boston, and Zurich. We’re looking for a new teammate to join us in our Berlin (Neukölln) office. Founded in 2014, we\’re the only company in our space working with, rather than around, the science. Currently we’re operating mainly in the US market. There’s more to learn about us on our website.
You are passionate to implement gear boxes of complex user journeys? The idea that our product is not only digital, but has plenty of real world components does not fear you. You believe that a service around nutrition and health is not detached but part of a larger ecosystem of services that needs to be leveraged? Join our passionate technology team and work on the core of our software which guides our users through digital and molecular wellbeing assessments, recommendations, and concrete products, which we offer towards a better health.
Here’s who we’re looking for
Along with a passion for a healthy lifestyle, a results-oriented mindset, data-driven approach and a lot of positive energy, as an ideal candidate
- You have 4+ years working experience as a backend developer.
- You are an expert in utilizing, building, maintaining and extending APIs leveraging REST as well as GraphQL.
- As a plus, you had first touch points with developing messaging bots as for Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.
- You are ready to apply GIT flow and TDD as an integral part of your work
- An agile workplace is your natural habitat, a design-thinking mindset is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required, a master’s degree preferred.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- You will work on fundamental parts of our microservice architecture.
- You will extend the growing clockwork to our user journey, and providing a messaging system to our users.
- You will integrate third-party services from the growing ecosystem of fitness trackers and nutrition and food services to render an integrated understanding of our users while providing him with better recommendations.
- You will integrate third-party services providing perfect visibility on our logistics processes.
- Together with our customer support team you will work on our internal tools to provide a robust platform which serves an exceptional user happiness.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape a high-growth, dynamic and purpose-driven consumer brand
- An environment in which your work will be appreciated
- A beautiful office in one of the most exciting areas of Berlin
- A highly collaborative environment with a creative, talented and dedicated team
- Monthly personalized vitamins tailored to your needs.
Baze is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re interested in working with us, remember we don’t hire workers, we hire people with fresh ideas, passion and enthusiasm for what we do. If that\\\’s you, then tell us all about it.