We’re here to change a notoriously conservative industry that’s pretty against digitization and needs quite a bit of work in terms of processes and platform automation. Can you guess what it is? Yep, it’s insurance.
When you join Feather, you’ll get the chance to work in a team to develop our health insurance platform using cool tools like TypeScript, NestJS, and more! Your goal will be to work with your team to expand our existing products to all of Europe and create the foundation for other developers to launch new ones, making you one of our go-to people for working on core infrastructure projects.
The platform you work on with your team will be used to make insurance a little less of a hassle and a lot more reliable.
Why apply to Feather?
- Small team, flat hierarchy, mission-driven. The usual buzzwords here, except we actually mean them. We’re small, lean, and we love what we’re doing.
- A modern tech stack to work with — NodeJS (NestJS / Express), TypeScript, GraphQL, Jest, GitHub Actions, GCP, Terraform just to name a few.
- You’ll be building a product that people need and are grateful for. Our excellent Trustpilot and Google reviews speak for themselves. We’ve built our products around people, and they love it!
- You’ll have the freedom to experiment. We do hack days/hack weeks where you can experiment with new technologies and new ways of working. Our design system (dirtyswan.design) actually came out of a hack day. More on hack days can be found here: https://dev.to/feather-insurance/hack-days-at-feather-44g3
- You’ll help us contribute to open source. We’re big believers in building in the open. We love the way GitLab, Artsy, Sentry, and others contribute to open source, and we’re following that path too!
- You’ll decide where to work from. We are a remote company mostly hiring in Europe. You’ll be able to work anywhere so long that you stay close to the CET timezone.
What you’ll be responsible for:
In this role, you will work as a part of a small cross-functional product team with other developers, product owners, and designers.
To give you an idea of what the projects would look like, you can take a look at some of the things we worked on recently:
- Storing and managing sensitive customer data in a way that is secure and compliant with GDPR.
- Improving our insurance document exchange workflow using Google Cloud Storage.
- Migrating our notifications from Sendgrid to customer.io to help the non-technical part of the team automate them.
- Sharing parts of our development process as posts on our dev.to blog and talks at meet-ups/ conferences.
- Extracting reusable node packages from existing code and publishing them as NPM packages, both internally and as Open Source.
- Moving to an event-driven architecture for background job processing using GCP Pub/Sub.
- Improving our billing system’s integration with Stripe and making it more transparent to the customers.
- You have experience in working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, BigQuery.
- You can write clean, maintainable, and reusable code and make design decisions regarding the architecture of the services that you’ll be implementing.
- You are familiar with modern CI/CD and developer tooling such as linters and testing frameworks.
- You’re an excellent communicator both around technical and non-technical people.
- You are proactive in suggesting alternative solutions and pushing your ideas.
- You are interested in working with statically typed languages. We love TypeScript, and we hope you do too!
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Apply now!
- At Feather, we are huge advocates for diversity and inclusion. From LGBTQ+ events to open discussions about eliminating bias, we highly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- We encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.