Backend Engineer – Python (m/f/d)
To achieve our goals, we are developing a suite of data-centric intelligence products that help us analyze, decide and execute on investment opportunities, as well as track performance on an ongoing basis. Core to these products is a data infrastructure built on AWS/Snowflake that ingests data from 20+ traditional, alternative and proprietary sources.
We are looking for a passionate Backend Engineer – Python (m/f/d) Finance to join our team in Berlin. The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Work with technologies including Docker, Airflow, AWS Codebuild, Code Deploy, Elastic Beanstalk and Github
- Perform continuous integration/continuous delivery, automated deployment and monitoring
- Create scalable production solutions from prototyped code
- Ensure data quality, accuracy and performance in all processes
- Develop, test and integrate various APIs to consume, transform and visualize various proprietary and self harvested datasets
- Extend existing tools and workflows with new requirements
- Create new products to support different research teams in BIT Capital
- Plan, design, code, debug and document as part of a team
- Support other teams in terms of API usage, bugs and improvements
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field with 2 years of overall experience in software engineering
- At least 2 years of working experience with creating and maintaining resources on AWS (i.e. Lambda, Cloud Formation, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, API Gateway etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with Python (Pandas ,DRF, Plotly etc.)
- Proficient in SQL
- Nice to have some experience with Airflow
- You are a team player, seeking to work with entrepreneurial individuals and thrive in a high-performance, transparent culture
- You balance quick results with long-term maintainability and scalability in the software you build
- You execute with ownership, determination and free of politics
- You communicate proactively while tackling difficult topics and challenges
- You are self-reflected and will constantly grow and learn
- Very high standards for your work, keen attention to detail and willingness to go the extra mile to deliver the best-in-class results
- Work in a successful Berlin fintech with the best brains in the industry. We have big ambitions. Be part of it.
- Short decision-making processes and open door policy – your opinion is important!
- Great freedom in choosing your tasks – we want you to have fun at work and feel comfortable.
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, team events to relocation assistance etc.
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development. We look forward to meeting you!