Backend Engineer (Ruby)
Adjust is the mobile marketing analytics platform trusted by growth-driven marketers around the world, with solutions for measuring and optimizing campaigns and protecting user data. Adjust powers thousands of apps with built-in intelligence and automation, backed by responsive global customer support.
In 2021, Adjust was acquired by AppLovin, a leading marketing software company providing developers with a powerful, integrated set of solutions to grow their mobile apps.
As a Backend Engineer (Ruby)you will be mainly responsible for the development and maintenance of our backend services of the dashboard platform. You will be focusing on Ruby and Elixir microservices as well as working with monolith Rails applications. You will be given lots of freedom to explore, design, and architecture client-side applications in an environment that rewards quality-oriented work, transparency, and creativity. The Dashboard team has complete ownership of the development process as well as direct impact on our product, user experience, and technology choices.
- Develop, improve and maintain Rails applications and work with microservices architecture
- Build RESTful APIs to support our front end team
- Integrate 3rd party services such as Facebook and Google
- Take care of error handling and fixing real bugs on production
- Take ownership of the systems performance and recommend possible improvements
- Follow best practices (e.g. test-driven development, refactoring, and continuous integration to ensure high code quality and fast deployment)
What you bring:
- Proficiency in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes to build and deploy microservices
- Experience working with PostgreSQL, RSpec and TDD (plus)
- Understanding of HTTP
- Familiarity with Elixir is a plus
- Great team player who loves to share knowledge and support colleagues within the team and the company
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to make an impact on the ad-tech industry working for a forward-thinking leader in the space
- International, diverse teams with a strong focus on transparency, feedback and fun
- Education budget for ongoing professional development & continuous learning
- A three-week onboarding program like no other, where you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of our product (remotely and after the pandemic again onsite in our Berlin HQ)
- Flexible, family-friendly work schedule and vacation policy
- Childcare program, paid parental leave
- Free language classes
- Additional private health insurance
- Company Pension Plan with 40% employer contribution
- Discounted Gym Membership with Urban Sport
- Mental health support with qualified therapists
- WFH program with remote online events (workouts, coffee chats, team events, games, etc.)
- Relocation and visa assistance
More details about our company culture and perks can be found on our career page.
Interested? Let’s talk!