Backend Engineer (Senior)
Find and fight image theft. In the last years, we’ve built the most popular software service for finding and fighting image theft online with our unique matching software and expert copyright legal services. We’ve helped 85,000+ photographers, brands, agencies, and media companies uncover over 300 million uses of their photos online. Each day we monitor over 100 million images for matches on the public internet.
Pixsy is looking for a (senior) Backend Developer to join our tech team in Berlin, Germany. As a Back-end Developer with solid expertise in Node.JS and DevOps experience, you are part of a growing team. We offer you a chance to take responsibility and make leading decisions on various exciting projects of our roadmap. We expect our developers to be all-around talents that guide the success of their solutions all the way from specification until shipping.
Note: Due to COVID-19 this position is available to ‘work from home’ on a full-time basis. We will re-open our office when the situation changes.
- At least 3 years experience in the back-end developer role, with experience leading and implementing production-grade software in a professional environment
- Expert level experience with Node.js and MongoDB
- Expert level experience managing infrastructure AWS (SQS, SNS, Lambda, Kinesis,..)
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience working with GraphQL APIs or willingness to learn
- Excellent software testing skills
- Experience with distributed services and event-based systems & streams
- Experience in these is a plus: Kafka/Zookeper, RabbitMQ, Airflow/Prefect, Terraform/Cloud Formation
- Experience with or understanding of agile development process and ability to self manage pace and time within the scope of a project
- A degree in computer science/software engineering or a related field
- Fluent in English (business/native level) – no German required
- Making a difference: Help creatives earn the compensation they deserve and impact the way lawyers conduct their day-to-day business
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to lead and be responsible for your own projects
- Training and development opportunities
- Regular company events that are actually fun
- Hip office in Kreuzberg, Berlin
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, fruit, drinks, pizza, beer, wine
- Relaxed atmosphere with amazing and highly-professional co-workers