Backend/ Full-stack Engineer (Go)
🤩 We are Amie
- Amie is the joyful productivity app. We combine your to-dos and calendar. We have everything you need, and nothing that could get in the way. Our products are available across all platforms.
- Great design is our biggest inspiration. We care about details and look for inspirations all across the world. If you’ve thought “I understand design but can’t put it into action” before, this is the right environment for you to get there.
- Tenthousands of users have already signed up for the Amie waitlist. We obsess about their needs and spend a big chunk of our time speaking to them.
- We are backed by the investors behind Spotify and Klarna. We count on 16 angel investors that can help us in tricky situations. More about who we are and how it is to work with us here.
- We are remote-first team. However also have a small office in Berlin. We want to support the most flexible setup. Work from home whenever you want. And have a place to come to.
👟 About you
→ We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you. 🦄
- You’ve built public APIs. We believe in using Kotlin or node.js. We like to be progressive in our tech stack.
- You’ve built and maintained products with consumer or SaaS audiences. You appreciate pixel-perfect designs and see API as a craft.
- You enjoy building a product from scratch. This means high involvement in the design process and understanding customer wants. It also means that you enjoy taking technical decisions.
- You love learning technologies as you go. You always want to find the right tool for the job; and don’t only follow what you already know.
- You care about more than engineering quality. Whatever you do, needs to have business impact. You can make trade-offs between speed and quality.
🌱 Our offer
- €60,000 – €70,000 p.a.
- 0.8% – 1.2% stock options of Amie: We want everybody to be a true owner in Amie.
- Full time contract
- Visa sponsorship available and your relocation will be covered
🌈 Our stance
- We are anti-racist and fully support all genders. We love that everybody loves differently. And will make your life as easy as possible. No matter your cultural or religious needs.
- We will not ask about any of those things in an interview or later on. If you want to share your story, we’d love to listen. If not, that’s cool!
- We don’t look for traditionally successful CVs. To build a special environment, we don’t rely on typical measures of judging. You also won’t have to solve hypothetical problems.
🎁 Our benefits
- 25 paid vacation days per year (PTO)
- Flexible working hours: We don’t run meetings before 2pm. We use meetings when needed and not per default.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac/Windows/Linux, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- We take care of you: Customisable standing desks, weekly team lunches, exquisite coffee.
- Easy remote work policy: We believe in co-located teams. We have an international team. So if you want to work from home for some time, we are easy. No need to take vacation.
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement decisions to build Amie from scratch. We are not rushing to market but focus on a quality product and the big little details.
- Central and lofty office: Our modern office is located in Kreuzberg (Moritzplatz). It offers more than enough space for us. You’ll find a lot of design references too. 🎨
- Unique working culture.
- Company health insurance policy (in case you are not from Germany and were wondering how it works over here)