Backend Software Engineer (m/f/d) at creditshelf // FinLeap
creditshelf is the leading online direct lender to German SMEs – with speed, simplicity and innovation. Credit decisions are made using a technology-based analysis developed by creditshelf. This pioneering company for digital SME financing in Germany was founded in 2014 in the financial centre, Frankfurt. The creditshelf team consists of skilled experts who have years of experience in banking, finance and technology.
As a Backend Engineer at creditshelf you will work on a small team on the development and improvement of our risk analysis and monitoring software solution, developing data and technology-oriented solutions for the different teams of creditshelf (risk, sales, marketing, etc.).
You will have an incredible amount of impact on the current state and future direction of our product.
As the product grows with time you will be creating new features and functionalities and getting a significant opportunity to take ownership.
- At least 4-5 years of relevant experience implementing services in different scenarios;
- Good knowledge in modern Java (version 8+), especially using Spring ecosystem (Spring boot, data, web, security, etc);
- Good Knowledge in Relational databases (e.g MySQL or PostgreSQL), Document-oriented database (e.g. MongoDB) and Key-value databases (Redis or Memcached);
- Experience with distributed systems using RESTful APIs and AMQP implementations (e.g. RabbitMQ);
- Experience with cloud environment (e.g AWS or Azure) and container-based applications with a CI/CD and DevOps mindset;
- Strong knowledge in software architecture and OOP, ability to write clean, maintainable and self-documented code that follows good practices like SOLID and DDD principles;
- Tests are not optional but a must for you.
- In your opinion git is the way to control, review and release code to production;
- Be comfortable with very open and challenging code and architecture discussions and ready to work in a real agile environment with a multidisciplinary team;
- Great English communication skills
- A degree in computer science or related fields
- Experience with ETL processes with multiple non-structured data sources (e.g PDFs, spreadsheets, external APIs)
- Some knowledge in Ruby and Ruby on Rails framework
- Some knowledge in Python
- Some knowledge in Front end
- Some knowledge about machine learning
Our stack consists of services that are written in Java 8+ with Spring Boot. They communicate via RESTful APIs and the data is stored in SQL and NoSQL databases.
Our frontend is built with React.js/Redux, the services are Docker-based running on AWS environment.
The chance to recreate the world of finance for the better!
True ownership of your projects – if you have an idea, we will let you shape it!
Real appreciation of your contribution – we believe in the value you create!
Continuous support of your development – We are experts in what we do and we want to share our knowledge!
Little perks for a nice workplace:
Monthly Mystery Lunch
Weekly Thirsty Thursday
Daily Lunch Culture
Coffee flat rate and weekly fresh fruits
Employee conditions for gym membership
… and more
If you are interested in gaining experience within an exciting and diversified field and in working in a dynamic and growing FinTech environment, don’t hesitate to send us your CV and a motivational letter.
We look forward to getting to know you!