BI Manager (f/m/d) // Yara Digital Labs
We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world’s key challenges – resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara and Digital Farming
For over a century, Yara has worked to feed the world and protect the planet, and our mission is to do so in a responsible and sustainable way. Yara provides crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers across 160 countries and has helped to reduce NOx emissions by 1.4 million tons in 2016. That’s equivalent to all of the NOx emissions produced in France or Germany. With this level of reach, you’ll be able to make a real and tangible impact with your work.
A newly established global unit called Digital Farming has been created within Yara to use digital solutions to help us achieve this goal. We are building solution for farmers, constructing hardware and sensors, crunching satellite data, applying artificial intelligence, and turning research results into solutions. Our team is made of designers, software engineers, hardware developers, data scientist, solution managers and product owners. The success of Digital Farming and its solution is a key priority within Yara, and we plan to significantly grow our global business presence in this field.
- Build and maintain our data and analytics infrastructure (with AWS Redshift and Segment)
- Write and maintain custom ETL Jobs
- Work closely with our KPI Glossary and understand which data to monitor and track
- Making sure to have valid data models in our Analytics DWH (especially in case of product changes)
- Build in-app analytics for internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders for requirements gathering and leverage the most learnings out of our data
- Optimize and improve features or data processes for performance and stability
- Work with data from various environments (web application, mobile application, website, landing pages)
- Solid Experience in SQL and Python.
- Experience with reporting dashboards (e.g. Metabase)
- Experience in working with Redshift or similar databases for large scale data storage and retrieval
- You like to actively participate in an agile setup to develop software in a team and you value pragmatic approaches, discussions, and knowledge sharing
- You have more than one year of experience in working in a startup environment on site as team member
- Experience developing, maintaining and optimising data pipelines
- Experience building data warehouses and ETLs
- Collaborative and thrive on self-improvement
- Values and results driven
- Open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving, in a clear and respectful manner
- Ready to make an impact, take ownership and you execute with conviction
- Proactive and constructive even if things get ambiguous
- An opportunity to shape a startup in its early stage
- To directly impact on products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- To work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- A very competitive remuneration and an unlimited work contract
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours, working from home/remote option + 30 days of vacation!
- Support for personal development, trainings, conferences and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies and frameworks
- To participate in in-house hackathons, meetups, and knowledge sharing
- To chose your own preferred hardware (CYOD)
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.