Chief Technology Officer // Maven
What We Do:
Maven is on a bold mission to consult, shape, and build to provide blockchain solutions to enterprises in the GCC region to eliminate inefficiencies and enable trust within their systems to solve existing problems and to build new business models and revenue streams.
We are looking for a full-time CTO who will be at the core of the development of custom technical solutions to solve clients problems in various industries on one or more of the Blockchain Technology platforms, such as Hyperledger, Ethereum, Corda, Axoni, and Ripple.
- Solve new problems. Working in blockchain means solving technical problems that have not been solved before. You will develop innovative solutions in distributed ledger technology and become well-versed in new technologies in the evolving blockchain space.
- Learn fast and think big. You will have to pick up new technologies as needed and understand business problems across industries (supply chain, financial services, public sector). Almost every blockchain solution is only one piece of a much bigger picture; you will be tuned into the micro details of the macro vision You will be a leader of a highly skilled and motivated team located between Berlin and Dubai that is leading the major shift in blockchain technology in the GCC.
What we are looking for:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong academic record, ideally PhD or Master\\\’s in Computer Science
- At least 5 years of experience in four of the following categories at minimum:
- Back-end: Nodejs, Golang, Java, Python
- Version Control: Git
- Database: SQL (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL), NoSQL/Graph (Mongodb, Couchdb, Neo4J)
- Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Continuous Integration (Jenkins, TravisCl)
- Cloud-based platforms: AWS, GCP, IBMCloud
- Distributed System Architecture: microservices, SOA, sub/pub messaging, event streaming
- Familiarity with code and architecture design principles (clean code, RESTful APIs, SOLID, micro services vs. monolith, etc)
- Some experience developing Blockchain applications using Hyperledger, Ethereum Solidity, Corda, Ripple or other proprietary language and APIs.
Additional Requirements for CTO
- Lead a growing team of front-end engineers and co-ordinate with our team of back-end, blockchain engineers
- Effectively manage expectations for all constituents – setting timelines for all parties and goals
- Communicate and have a sense of ownership over our products
- Identify areas for improvement and identify solutions and clearly define success
- Effectively implement change, anticipate and quickly solve organizational issues to maximize team success
- Act as point-of-contact to external partners and technical teams
- Eight years of professional experience, including managing a growing engineering team ideally in a high-growth startup organization
- Strong leadership skills, with experience collaborating across organizations (B2B)
- Experience hiring top talent and designing diverse, inclusive, effective and results-driven organizations
- Experience coaching junior developers, setting a strategic vision and creating an engaging, positive work environment
- Experience bringing a web-based product from white board to production to scale
- Eager to work at a fast-growing start up make your mark, and bring your vision to the table
- Comfortable working in an ever changing start up environment adapting to new technology (i.e., blockchain)
- Highly competitive wages
- Top of the line equipment: Laptop of choice, custom monitor setup, optional standing desk, etc.
- Opportunities to travel to both Dubai and Kuwait