CTO / Chief Technology Officer (f/m/d) // moovel Group GmbH
CTO / Chief Technology Officer (f/m/d)
I am Daniela, the CEO of moovel Group, which is soon becoming REACH NOW. Since we are currently in a very exciting and rapidly changing phase, we need more support on the tech side. We are looking for an additional Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to oversee all technical aspects of the business for the B2B Technology organization, which includes Engineering, DevOps and QA.
As the CTO you will be part of the Executive Management team and together we grow the company through the use of technological resources. Using an active and practical approach, you will direct all employees in the B2B Tech Org to attain the company’s strategic goals.
FIRST A QUICK LOOK AT US
Daimler AG and BMW Group are bundling their mobility services in the areas of Carsharing, Ride-Hailing, Parking, Charging and Multimodal Platforms, and create a new global player comprising of five joint ventures. moovel Group is joining forces with ReachNow – and becomes REACH NOW
Our vision is a planet without traffic jams. Our mission is to transform cities by providing the most convenient and sustainable mobility solutions. We create outstanding products with technical excellence, an agile mindset, an open feedback and failure culture and fun at work. moovel (REACH NOW) is part of two global corporations, but at the heart of it we still are a start-up. We act as a partner for cities, transport networks and mobility service providers with the goal of making cities smarter and creating an operating system for urban mobility that provides access to appropriate mobility options in urban areas and paves the way for the future with autonomous vehicles. Currently, 300 employees work in small creative teams in Germany and the US at four locations – Hamburg, Berlin, Stuttgart and Portland.
HOW THE ROLE WORKS
As a part of the Executive Management team you are responsible for the efficient development and technical operation of our Mobility as a Service (MaaS) platform for our B2B customers. This platform includes mobile and web-based applications that provide users with public transit, ride hailing and vehicle sharing services. You will establish a Tech-organization that balances B2B business goals with a sustainable architectural vision. As the CTO, you are a major stakeholder in the strategic product roadmap. You identify business and innovation opportunities and perform competitor analyses. You plan the IT budget, manage risks and solve technical hurdles to be successful in the business.
SOME OF THE THINGS YOU WILL DO
- Manage development, delivery and operation of our products in time, cost, quality and scope
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all B2B Tech Org staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including mobile, web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s B2B services
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and monitor KPIs, OKRs and other metrics to gauge productivity and quality
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Build strong professional and personal relationships with industry influencers and represent moovel (REACH NOW) in the industry by frequently attending and speaking at conferences
- You have a university degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject required; MS degree strongly preferred
- You have at least 5+ years of experience leading technology teams and 10+ years of software development experience
- You have experience leading teams in the deployment of native iOS and Android applications and a good understanding of both SQL (Postgres) and NoSQL (Redis and Elasticsearch) databases
- You possess extensive knowledge of Agile/Scrum based development environments, methodologies, and best practices
- You are able to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- You are passionate about recruiting world-class talent and leading cross functional teams
- You have proven to be able to build large-scale B2B products/services across multiple platforms (web, mobile, tablet)
- Choose your own hardware
- Working with newest technology
- Company pension plan
- Free breakfast, good coffee & fresh fruits
- Working on products with a high impact on society
- Child care allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly mobility budget
In summary, we are looking for a motivated leading technology expert who can oversee and manage all technological aspects in our company, who enjoys working in an international and open environment and is passionate about growing moovel (REACH NOW) together with us.
Someone who wants to change the future of urban mobility and implement products with real impact. If you love strategic planning, hands-on operational management and leading awesome teams – we are more than happy to meet you in person!
Are you the one who feels addressed? Then we can not wait to meet you soon! Just click the ‘Apply’ button.
If you have any questions or are in need for further information feel free to contact
+49 711 21953941.