Data Analyst // Fy
At Fy! we are passionate about using technology and data to help people discover things that they love. Our marketplace platform connects people to the most exciting lifestyle products from brands and designers around the world, through a personalised and serendipitous shopping experience.
We believe in making data-driven decisions and are searching for a talented and curious Data Analyst to help discover and understand hidden patterns in our data which can drive growth, and improve the marketplace experience for shoppers and brands alike.
If real-world problems such as real-time recommendation and personalised shopping, visual search, price forecasting, trend analysis, natural language processing for text search, reinforcement learning, and modern experiment design and statistical analysis sound like your thing, then we’d love to hear from you!
This is a full-time role, located in Berlin, Germany.
Remote work is currently not available for this position, sorry!
- Curate terabyte-scale data sets
- Derive insights from deep-dive analyses, bringing analytical modelling to bear on data sets which span sale- and supply-side, marketing, logistics and shopper journeys.
- Build machine learning models which leverage these insights to drive growth.
- Design and build data visualisations, including reports, dashboards, and analyses to empower multi-team stakeholders at Fy! to make data-influenced decisions.
- Collaborate in design and analysis of rigorous statistical tests.
- Communicate quantitative findings to teams in actionable ways.
- Bachelors or Masters in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
- Curious, analytical mind with a demonstrated track record of innovative problem solving.
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets in an academic or commercial setting.
- Coursework or experience with Python, R or other scripting languages, experience with SQL is a plus.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices and tools (e.g. Git, unit testing, Docker and cloud platforms).
- Participation in MOOC’s (e.g. Coursera, Fast.ai and Udacity) or Kaggle competitions are a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication (English).
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced startup.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Our tech team is composed of experienced generalists and domain experts, and as such we are able to take on complex, interdisciplinary problems. We want you to be part of that, and to be excited by this opportunity!
- Mentoring and broad opportunities to expand your role.
- Your choice of hardware, screens etc.
- Conference and learning budget and support for giving talks and presentations.
- Open source ethos.
- Free (and plentiful) Five Elephant coffee.
- Family-friendly office hours and working culture.
- Established business with a clear pathway and resources to grow.
- Generous staff discount – fill your home with awesome designer gear!
- Absolute bare minimum of meetings. Prepare for a clear calendar.
- Want to work in a specific way? We’re flexible and want you to be comfortable, happy and productive as part of the team.