DATA ANALYST (w/m/d) // PLUTO TV
ABOUT PLUTO TV
We love what we do and we are committed to entertaining the planet.
In collaboration with major TV stations, film studios, publishers and digital media companies, we offer more than 100 live channels as well as thousands of films and series on demand. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, Internet and TV streaming devices. Millions of viewers tune in every month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, digital trend series, sports, lifestyle and more. And that is all for free.
Pluto TV, a Viacom Company, is headquartered in Los Angeles and has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
For our EMEA headquarters in Berlin we are looking for a DATA ANALYST (f/m/d)
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The DATA ANALYST (f/m/d) will manage big sets of internal and external data to understand, acquire and predict the behavior of our viewers and digital content. You will own the financial modelling in the digital product development process, as well as data analysis initiatives to increase the effectiveness of our marketing/content performance/monetization efforts on our platform and other distribution portals. You will understand thoroughly the variables at play in the success of new products/business models, to then model their interaction and thoroughly understand the sensitivity that resulting financial has to those variables.
Additionally, the analyst should make sure that the right events are registered/trigged in order to be followed and visualized through our current reporting tools managed by the BI and research teams, but then requires autonomy to be able to extract, complement, and analyze data to generate insights and make business decisions for our content and initiatives with different business.
You will work in close partnership with all Pluto TV Europe departments, across all current and upcoming territories in Europe, as well as with our colleagues in the Pluto TV Los Angeles headquarters and at Viacom.
- Estimating the financial impact of new products and business models, elaborating comprehensive multivariate financial models and suggesting changes in the product configuration to maximize profitability
- Owning the design, development, validation, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Create reports on a regular and timely basis analyzing ROI on performance and marketing campaigns, content performance, as well as viewer behaviors cross platform and per distribution portals
- Support various departments by developing standardized reports, dashboards and executive presentations for senior management
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline with several years of relevant work experience as a Data/BI analyst.
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills
- High Proficiency in SQL (ANSI, RedShift, PostreSQL, Snowflake, etc.) and Microsoft Excel.
- Programming/scripting skills (Python, R) a plus
- Experience with Business Intelligence visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Amplitude, Jupyter, etc.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and results-oriented but still be an excellent team player
- Interest in the media & entertainment industry and how it is affected by the current digital landscape
- Fluent in English, German a plus
- We are a startup with a corporate background and combine the best of both worlds
- Join us in creating the entertainment of tomorrow from the scratch
- Take a decisive and creative role in a constantly growing team
- Be part of our international and dynamic team
- Work with the latest technology and be always close to the newest trends of the media world
- Come as you are! You don’t have to wear a tie unless you want to
… and help make our vision a reality by sending us your cover letter and CV in English with your earliest start date with subject: DATA ANALYST (f/m/d)