Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC-backed startup based in Berlin helping over 12 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
At Clue we embrace a culture that values everyones’ uniqueness and lets them flourish as an individual. We are constantly working on creating an environment which provides equal opportunities, regardless of your ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion, and any other diverse backgrounds. As a part of our team, your unique set of talents will always be appreciated and we’re committed to provide them with a nurturing and safe environment.
Join our Data Chapter and help over 12 million monthly active users on the acclaimed Clue App to learn about their bodies and to better live in sync with their biology. Find an environment that fosters individual growth and allows you to contribute your ideas to a variety of challenges, beyond just writing code.
As a Data Engineer at Clue you will write data solutions, transform and optimize large sets of raw and processed data and implement architectures to support our Data Science, Product and Growth teams to achieve their ambitious goals. We work in iterations with an informal agile approach, using Jira and Github as our collaboration platform. You will be part of a well-functioning and diverse team that values friendliness, helpfulness and a shared passion for Clue’s mission, so please let us know why Clue caught your interest.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and data scientists to understand data needs and implement robust and scalable solutions
- Work directly with data scientists to implement robust and reusable data models
- Build and maintain data pipelines
- Ensure data quality and accessibility for all types of data
- Design and implement ETL processes for new and existing data sources
- Identify and rectify data quality issues
- Import data from APIs and several different data sources
- Write good documentation—for other data engineers, as well as for other colleagues.
- 2+ years of industry data engineering experience, including experience in ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Proven experience in the data warehouse space, as well as schema design
- Very good in SQL and at least one modern programming language (Python, Java, etc)
- Profound knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experienced in designing data solutions within cloud platforms such as AWS (preferred), Google Cloud Platform or Azure
- Strong knowledge and experience with some distributed data processing technology like Redshift/BigQuery/Snowflake/Spark or similar.
- Experience with Streaming data AWS Kinesis, Kafka or RabbitMQ, is considered a plus
- Bonus: a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (computer science, engineering, mathematics, informatics); advanced degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Bonus: knowledge of visualisation tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc
- Bonus: knowledge of Snowplow
We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
- Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga and personal trainer sessions, a free on-site therapist and low-cost massages in the office
- Learn and grow with a personal education budget and subsidized German lessons at work
- Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We’ll help with relocation if you’re not already in Berlin.
- Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary and the option to join the company pension plan.
- Flex Fridays: one day per week where Cluebies can put their health & wellbeing first, stay energized and maintain a sustainable high level of productivity.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are working remotely from home in Berlin.