Data Engineer // Clue
Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC-backed startup based in Berlin helping over 10 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
To learn more about how Clue works behind the scenes, read our engineering blog, Bleeding edge.
- Provide Data Scientists and Business Analysts a consistent way to access data, and support their work from research to production.
- Be part of a team responsible for the design, development and maintenance of data pipelines.
- Own relevant parts of new features, while working closely with Data Scientists and Backend Engineers.
- Collaborate with Backend and Operations Engineers to ensure systems reliability.
- Experience in either a JVM language or Python, with a willingness to learn another language if necessary.
- Experience of using a pub/sub or streaming platforms such as Kafka or Amazon Kinesis Data Streams.
- Practical experience with one or more streaming engines such as Spark, Flink or similar.
- Experience with analytical databases like Redshift.
- Experience with creating aggregated data schemas that allow for efficient and flexible use by analysts.
- Experience processing and storing large and unstructured data for analytical purposes.
- Good knowledge of unit and integration testing techniques.
- A grasp of the importance of writing good documentation—for developers, as well as for other colleagues.
- Hands on, with a willingness to dive into data quality problems and find root causes.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
- Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga and personal trainer sessions, a free on-site therapist and low-cost massages in the office
- Learn and grow with a personal education budget and subsidized German lessons at work
- Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We’ll help with relocation if you’re not already in Berlin.
- Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary, participation in our all-employee option pool, and the option to join the company pension plan.
Clue is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. Our users are global and multicultural—and we want our team to reflect this. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.