Data Engineer // Fit Analytics
Fit Analytics — the world’s leading sizing solution for apparel & footwear — is looking for a motivated full-time data engineer. You will work with the largest and most extensive data set in the industry to help ensure accuracy in clothing and apparel intelligence. If you’re ready to use your skills to shape the future of the online fashion industry, we want to hear from you!
Who We Are
Based in Berlin and Chicago, we’re a team of data scientists, fashionistas, physicists, business analysts, designers, and hackers, working together to tackle a single problem: making it easy for online shoppers to find the right clothes size. We help some of the world’s largest clothing brands solve sizing issues, boost conversions and slash returns.
What We Do
Our core product, Fit Finder, helps clothing and apparel companies instantly access the power of machine learning to deliver a perfect fit for customers. In addition to Fit Finder, we have introduced three new product lines to the market in 2018/19: Fit Connect, Fit Intelligence and Fit Source. The Fit Analytics’ platform combines the world’s largest database of garment and fit information with hundreds of billions of purchase records and consumer preferences. By applying the power of machine learning to this unique data set, we’ve created a range of innovative solutions to help drive improvements throughout the apparel lifecycle from manufacturing to marketing. Leading apparel brands and retailers across six continents trust our platform to solve sizing at scale and deliver meaningful bottom-line impact. Our clients include the likes of Zara, Asos, Hugo Boss, JD Sports, Bershka, The North Face, Tommy Hilfiger, Uniqlo, Calvin Klein and many more!
What The Role Involves
- Improving our ETL processes and data pipelines, i.e. working on huge (>1B rows) purchase and return data sets
- Creating tools and improving the overall system architecture
- Participating in database administration of various Postgresql, MySQL, BigQuery, and Bigtable databases
- Defining stable data interfaces that allow quick extraction of data from a >20TB database
- Having a direct impact on how tens of millions of people buy clothes online
What We’re Looking for in You
- Relevant degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a similar educational background
- Strong SQL programming skills (MySQL, PostgreSQL, BigQuery)
- Experience in ETL processes is a must, preferably in a Big Data environment
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) products or Amazon Web Services (AWS) products is an advantage
- Hands-on experience with Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop, Apache Beam, or their managed services in GCP
- Familiarity with Linux and git
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills
- Resident of Berlin
What We Offer You
- Hands-on experience building a product that is revolutionizing the apparel & footwear market
- A competitive salary
- A spot in our smart, creative, and highly motivated international team
- Daily breakfast and lunch plus regular team events
Why We’re Different
We’re not sitting around wondering what the product is and burning other people’s money while expecting everyone to work ridiculous hours for little reward. We’re profitable, organized, and already providing a unique solution that delivers huge value to our partners while helping millions of people a month shop better online.
If you’re excellent at what you do and want to apply those skills to solving a genuinely challenging problem together with a great bunch of people, you’ve come to the right place. To take the next step, send us your CV and a brief message explaining why you’re the perfect fit!