Data Engineer (m/f/x) // Pepper.com
Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips, and ideas, connecting members in 11 countries on 3 continents.
The Pepper.com group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte / Brazil, Guadalajara / Mexico, London / United Kingdom, Lyon / France, and Mumbai / India and runs market-leading platforms such as Dealabs (France), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), mydealz (Germany) and 11 more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
Our mission: Building a community driven platform consumers can trust. Enabling people to access all needed information while being open, inspiring and entertaining.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Data Engineer (m/f) to join our data team in Berlin. As Data Engineer (m/f) you will help us to design and implement a modern streaming framework.
At Pepper.com, we rely on data to drive our business decisions and to guide us in our search to build the best user experience. That’s why our data team plays a central role in our data-driven strategy, designing and developing our infrastructure, processes and analytics capabilities. We make the large amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query.
Your responsibilities will include
- Build a data platform and work with data analysts, backend engineers and product managers to find new ways to leverage this data
- Optimise and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
- Design and implement an architecture that supports business requirements
- Transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components of our data lake
- Translate data requirements to code, building SQL objects that can be easily consumed
- Retrieve data from API endpoints using Python
The qualities we are looking for are
- You gained significant experience in data modeling, data discovery and the application of data to solve business problems
- Advanced knowledge of SQL (MySQL, Postgres, Google BigQuery)
- Hands-on experience with Python
- Experience in designing, building, monitoring, and scaling data processing pipelines
- Strong technical background and enjoy writing code for automation and data processing tasks
- Proficient on the command-line and working with servers.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Git-workflow proficiency
- Passion for working with huge datasets
- Nice to have – experience with distributed processing frameworks such as Spark or Kafka Streams
Some perks of working for Pepper.com
- An established, profitable growth company wholly owned by operational founders
- Flexible working hours
- Cozy and relaxed working atmosphere
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Monthly team events such as paintball, paddling, beer tasting, etc…
- Great office in Torstraße, in the city centre easily reachable from any part of Berlin and in the heart of the start up scene
- Join the best Berlin employer in 2017! Read more about us here!
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter and a clearly arranged CV.