Data Warehouse Engineer / BI Engineer // Zattoo
Zattoo is the leading player in the TV-as-a-Service space in Europe serving several million TV users and dozens of B2B customers, helping them watch what they want, where they want, when they want. We are looking for a Data Warehouse Engineer/BI Engineer (f/m/x) with a technical mindset to bridge the gap between our data lake and our data warehouse.
You will be part of a team of skilled BI Analysts and Data Engineers who interact with various stakeholders to put the vast amount of data we’ve collected (we process 6TB daily!) to successful use for our business and our users. You should be able to understand business driven data problems as well as tech infrastructure and the data pipeline.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with BI Analysts to understand customer needs as well as Data Engineering to understand technical requirements and limitations
- Design, develop, test and maintain BI solutions such as databases, data warehouses, queries and views, reports, and dashboards, including performance monitoring
- Perform data conversions, imports, and exports of data within and between internal and external software systems
- Ensure the collected data is within required quality standards and troubleshoot reported data loads or reconciliation inconsistencies
- Create new data models and data marts to serve business stakeholders as well as document new and existing models, solutions, and implementations
- Work closely with customers and BI Analysts to create ad hoc reports to support timely business decisions and project work
- Maintain & Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software, like our Tableau Infrastructure
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Mathematics or specialized training/certification
- 5+ years’ of related technical experience
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Experience with Tableau and maintaining a Tableau server cluster
- 5+ years working experience with advanced SQL (Postgres) and 2+ years working experience with Bash and Python
- Data Modeling experience (star model vs. data vault, etc.)
- Hands-on experience supporting or working with Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing environments
- Fluency in English
Here’s what we offer you
- Highly motivated, growing, diverse team made up of 33 different nationalities
- Flexible work schedules and options to work from home
- Flat hierarchies and open door policy
- Competitive compensation and vacation entitlement
- Social events ranging from company lunches and after work drinks to annual off site company events
- Free yoga classes, German language classes and health checks
The Product Team
At the heart of Zattoo’s organisation there is a group of people who are extremely passionate about TV Products and Technology. This diverse group of engineers, product managers, designers, SRE, network, QA and support specialists cover a large area of expertise and are building our vision of the streaming age TV platform. We value high quality, user oriented and sustainable work and strive to be at the forefront of technology and collaboration.
We encourage everybody to express their ideas and give autonomy and focus to independent teams. Our dream is to let people watch their favorite TV content in the simplest and most comfortable way. We see our strength in disrupting traditional broadcasting technology while collaborating closely with the great companies that produce this content.
We are Zattoo
Zattoo enables our users to view indiscriminately and we reflect that in our team too. Regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law we encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunities employer, join us and help build a diverse team dedicated to revolutionising the way you watch TV.
You can learn more about us at: https://zattoo.com