Dev Ops Engineer (m/f/d)
Fernarzt (www.fernarzt.com) is a telemedicine platform that connects patients to physicians and coordinates the purchase of medications prescribed. Thereby, Fernarzt enables patients to receive fast, safe, and competent medical care for common diseases. Based in London and with offices in Berlin, the mission of the company is to provide a digital service to reduce time and facilitate access to healthcare. Fernarzt was founded in 2017 together with the Digital Health platform Heartbeat Labs.
Join us as Dev Ops Engineer (m/f/d) and help us to advance telemedicine in Germany!
- Build and maintain a secure and reliable infrastructure for the telehealth platform
- Ensure the reliability of the systems by setting up sufficient monitoring and alerting systems and tools
- Help to troubleshoot networking, hardware, and general performance issues.
- Participate in design, planning, and the development of new web applications and services using cutting-edge technologies and frameworks in a service-oriented platform
- Continuous improvement of the Fernarzt technical solutions in adherence to industry best practices and business needs
- Being a mentor and coach for other engineering team members
- You have 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, SRE, or similar, ideally in a Start-up environment
- You are passionate about Building distributed cloud-based systems
- You are familiar with some of these languages: PHP, Golang, Scala, Kotlin, Java
- You have an excellent understanding and hands-on experience with Docker
- You have an excellent understanding and hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- You know how to work with Helm and aware of other technologies built around Kubernetes
- You have solid experience of working with AWS or other Cloud Providers
- You are ready to commit to follow Infrastructure as Code and you have good knowledge of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform.
- You have experience of building CI/CD pipelines for various Backend and Frontend technologies
- You are pragmatic, enjoy taking responsibility and you always set high-quality standards for yourself
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Team player, seeking to work with distinctive entrepreneurial individuals.
- You are detail-oriented and decide based on data & insights.
- You execute with ownership, determination, and free of politics and you have a hands-on mentality.
THAT’S WHY FERNARZT FITS YOU:
- Innovation and Healthcare are your passion? Ours as well! As a digital health player, we provide you the platform to contribute with your talent, come up with new ideas and shape our vision
- Join a start-up with a strong PE investor that is entering its next scaling phase with many opportunities to influence where the business is heading
- In a dynamic start-up environment, you get a lot of insights into different areas, sometimes start from scratch, and can get really hands-on.
- Teamwork is key! We want to achieve goals together. This also includes the necessary freedom so you can freely develop – professionally and personally.