DevOps Engineer (m/f/x)
We are looking for ambitious, forward thinking self-starters to join our aspiring and international company, who can keep up with our pace and want to make a difference as a:
DevOps Engineer (m/f/x)
from now on.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with experience in IT Automation, Configuration Management and Monitoring to join our team in Berlin. In this role you will be required to drive constant innovation of automated solutions within our Engineering Team, to help develop solutions that provide efficiency in daily operations, standardise configurations across the enterprise, support, maintain and develop the IT Monitoring systems. You will be an integral part of our organisation and make contributions and improvements to the current infrastructure.
Things you will work on:
- Refine, maintain and improve our platform automation
- Create advanced tools and scripts to satisfy operational automation use cases where needed
- Improve existing and new monitoring systems
- Create system health/performance dashboards to provide insight for services and devices
- Build easily maintainable automation solutions
- Use automation and configuration management tools to manage infrastructure and applications
- Suggest architecture improvements and creative solutions to provide more reliable and effective support as the company develops and expands
- Collaborate in the design and development of business-critical systems to innovate and meet user needs
- Create and maintain system documentation
What we offer:
- FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS
Flexitime (core working hours 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- COOL WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Stylish loft office with start-up flair, daily cooking together, fun & team spirit at and besides the workplace with many team events, the opportunity to contribute to the development of our platform and products
- TRANSPARENT COMMUNICATION
Direct feedback, weekly company meetings
- GREAT CAREER POSSIBILITIES
Comprehensive onboarding program and individual support during the induction phase, continuous on-the-job training, flat hierarchies, rapidly growing company with optimal opportunities for advancement and further development
- FREE DRINKS & SNACKS
Coffee, tea, water, mate, soft drinks, beer, juices & fruit basket
for the BVG company ticket (local public transport), staff discounts on our entire product portfolio as well as competitive, skill-dependent, negotiable salary – don’t hesitate to approach us
- In-depth understanding of technologies used in large-scale web deployments (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/S, load balancers)
- Hands-on experience configuring web servers, caching layers, databases etc. in a high-availability environment
- Excellent understanding of Python, Ruby and other scripting languages
- Hands-on expertise in designing and maintaining Linux based infrastructure
- Configuring and managing databases such as MariaDB, Cassandra etc.
- Strong working knowledge of automation/configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Proven experience with building and maintaining monitoring solutions
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Be capable of working pro-actively and independently in carrying out your day-to-day role, with limited need for supervision
- Fluent in English language both spoken and written
- Experience with the following are a plus: distributed storage solutions (Hadoop, Presto, S3), Docker/Kubernetes ecosystem, PHP, infrastructure as code solutions (Terraform)
Travelcircus (www.travelcircus.de) is a fast growing online booking platform giving people the ability to book premium, quality checked and unique hotels packaged with hotel services and exciting local activities at an exclusive price. Founded in 2014, in the heart of Berlin, Travelcircus already accommodated more than 700.000 travelers from 20 different countries and we continue to grow substantially.
Do you still have questions or do you want to apply immediately?
Can you recognize yourself? If yes, send your application including motivation letter, CV, desired salary and next possible entry date addressed to Johanna Goller via our online application form: https://www.travelcircus.de/jobs. Don´t miss the chance to be part of the Travelcircus team very soon.
Johanna Goller (Recruiter)
+49 (0) 152 – 041 803 48
We explicitly declare that we welcome any person regardless of nationality or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual identity.