DevOps Engineer (Ruby + AWS)
Headquartered in Berlin, mediafellows is helmed by a group of industry veterans who have been at the forefront of the B2B audiovisual worldwide content sales since 2007. Our team from various regions and nations is based in the vibrant German capital and serves owners and distributors of audiovisual content from around the world.
We currently have an opening for a DevOps Engineer. The ideal candidate has 2+ years of experience as a Ruby backend developer in a professional capacity. He/she can also demonstrate knowledge of core AWS services, their provisioning, performance analysis, automated scaling, and securing, has already worked with the Ansible deployment stack, and is not afraid to occasionally touch shell scripts.
Our backend tech stack consists of mostly Ruby code, and we are deploying into AWS. However, we are not a monolingual company and employ alternative languages like Golang and NodeJS, and while we store our data in Postgres databases, we also use ElasticSearch and ClickHouse for various tasks across our stack.
This position offered allows you to grow and to learn to use different tools. Therefore, the ideal candidate comes with a healthy dose of curiosity to learn new things, and, at the same time, with enthusiasm to share their knowledge and accomplishments
You will contribute to developing our sophisticated SaaS solution “MediaStore”, a B2B solution for marketing and distribution of audiovisual content – covering content management, video screening, contracting, and fulfillment. Some of the largest studios, broadcasters, and distributors from around the world rely on our software.
We look for a new colleague with skill, passion, and humor who help us raise our solution to the next level with state-of-the-art web technologies.
- You bring in your enthusiasm, knowledge, and skills to build with us the most advanced SaaS solution for audiovisual content management
- Together with your teammates, you craft robust, highly optimized components for our solution
- You conceptualize, implement and optimize the infrastructure provisioning as well as the application deployment
- You operate and monitor our application suite on an IaaS, e.g., AWS
- You mentor others on areas that you are strong in and be mentored on areas that you are still unfamiliar with
- You love teamwork as much as clean and beautiful code
- You have 2+ years of experience in web application development
- You have programmed in Ruby for 2+ years
- You have basic experience in web application operations
- You are experienced with essential AWS services, their provisioning, performance analysis, automated scaling, and securing
- You have a strong sense of responsibility
- You are into pair programming and agile methodologies
- You are a true team player and enjoy sharing knowledge proactively
- You are fluent in English
- You are based in Berlin or willing to move here
- Most importantly you enjoy what you are doing: profession = passion
Nice to haves
- Background in Unix server administration
- Knowledge of Ansible and AWS OpsWorks
- Background in distributed systems/REST-based SOA
- Familiarity with Continuous Deployment/Delivery
- Passion for movies ;)
- Work with fun in an international team of experienced engineers
- Contribute with satisfaction to a state-of-the-art Media Management System
- Pick the working tools and software you like and are most familiar with
- Choose freelance or a permanent contract with a competitive pay package
If this role is of interest to you, please contact email@example.com