Director of Software Engineering (m/f/d)
At caresyntax®, we are on a mission to make surgery smarter and safer. We believe in the power of data-enabled technologies to reduce surgical complications and improve safety and outcomes. Our integrated applications empower surgeons and hospitals with data visibility, learning, and automation tools to address surgery’s most acute problems. Visit our website at www.caresyntax.com to learn more.
Your work scope
Reporting directly to the CTO, this is a significant software engineering leadership position that will provide technology and technical operational leadership to the company’s PRIME365 software product and platform design and development, as well as managing cross functional, multi-disciplined software development teams staffed with engineers in the U.S., Germany, and offshore. In addition, this role will advise the CTO on the company’s overall software product/platform architecture and technology strategy to scale the platform to meet global business need.
- Responsible for Caresyntax Prime365 software product development, as well as strategic program delivery defined by business.
- Build and manage multiple scrum teams; closely collaborate with other stakeholders (e.g., product management and business) to deliver high quality software products to market on time, on budget, and on scope.
- Work closely with Product Management, Clinical, and other business functions to understand customer and business requirements for software products and solutions; help to define strategic product roadmap.
- Provide strong technical leadership. Define well thought-out technical architecture, framework, and implementation approach for products in charge.
- Contribute to enterprise- and global-level technical architecture, platform framework, and a foundation that can scale globally to meet customer and business requirements from different countries around the world.
- Responsible for people management. Mentor staff, conduct performance reviews, and provide career development and professional growth to team members.
- Contribute and foster our culture of collaboration/teamwork, accountability, customer focus, and flawless execution.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of experience building commercial/enterprise software products and platforms.
- 5+ years of engineering leadership and management experience managing team size of 10+. Experienced in managing managers/leads, as well as highly skilled senior engineers/architects.
- Must be a believer in Agile and Lean methodologies and have experience in evolving them at scale.
- A track record of leading by influence, with strong technical and leadership skill; still hands on in technical design and code review. While not expected, can still code when necessary.
- Versatile in various technology stacks including front end and back end technology. Experienced with Java, Swing, and MVC framework, or other mainstream development technology. Experienced with JDBC and database development.
- Experienced with IoT development, familiar with system integration in the surgical/OR environment, and experienced in data integration with medical devices within operating room. Familiar with healthcare data exchange protocols such as HL7, DICOM, FHIR.
- Big plus: familiar and comfortable with video and audio over IP technology and concept; experience dealing with rich media data/content such as video capturing, recording.
- Big plus: experience with implementing and executing a regulatory compliance process for medical device classification.
- Effective communication skills along with strong analytical skills.
- Strategic manager with strong operational and project management skills.
- Ability to multitask and excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a flat organizational structure.
- Big plus: offshore development experience.
- Warm-hearted, flexible, and solution-oriented culture with open feedback culture
- Flexible working times, including part-time models, trust-based working times (where applicable)
- Room to introduce and implement creative ideas and develop your talents with technical training and individualized continued education (e.g. languages DE/EN, leadership)
- Professional and intellectual knowledge exchange with highly-talented and ambitious colleagues from all over the world
- Work visa sponsorship and relocation assistance (where applicable)
Could this be you? Would you like to work in a highly innovative and visionary environment, where technologies are developed that help to improve and save lives? Worldwide. Then please get in touch with us to discuss your career opportunities at caresyntax.
Our HR team takes your application and answers your questions under firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to know more about caresyntax? Find us on Xing, LinkedIn, Facebook, our company website, and join our digital health community!
caresyntax® Inc., together with its global medical device integration solutions arm, maintains a worldwide installed base of nearly 6,000 operating rooms, supporting over 10 million procedures per year. And this is just the beginning – we’re growing fast!
Headquartered in Boston and Berlin, with over 100 employees from more than 20 different nationalities, we seek highly-motivated and passionate individuals to join us on our mission of improving surgical care.