Director of Technology (f/m/div) (Berlin or Hamburg) at finleap connect // FinLeap
finleap connect GmbH is a joint force of finleap companies, offering a full range of leading fintech solutions to financial institutions across Europe. We cater to clients’ requirements, from stand-alone microproducts to all-in-one solutions, we ensure that all levels of digital maturity are covered by our services. Our focus now lies on growth internationally, with experienced fintech experts in France, Italy, and Spain leading the charge.
Join finleap connect as a Director of Technology in one of our new verticals and lead the definition our tech strategy and vision, the hiring our high performing & diverse team. Collaborate with other inspirational leaders, smart entrepreneurs and highly skilled teams to scale our micro product vertical together with our General Manager. Let’s shape the future of finance.
Ready for a diverse and exciting challenge building finleap connect? Join us as a Director of Technology for our Micro Products vertical, and see your energy and ideas convert into our best in class teams as we reshape finance together!
What will keep you challenged?
- Working directly with the General Manager of the vertical Micro-Products and Business Unit Heads.
- Keeping track of, and optimizing the software assets of the vertical. Assuring maintainability and operability of the code-base and high-quality APIs towards our customers.
- Focusing to enable, foster and advocacy of best-in-class modern engineering methodologies like SCRUM, clean-code, test-driven development, quality by design and pair-programming.
- Getting on the current IT architecture and create/adapt the future strategy by supporting engineers in selecting and developing the most suitable data infrastructure and tech stack
- Hiring, developing and retaining your tech teams with the support of our People Operations team
- Developing a high performance and enjoyable tech focused company culture
- Coordinating ongoing development with the tech team based on clear KPIs
- Guiding the non-technical teams around the venture on tech related challenges
- Aligning on company level on the company wide IT/Architecture and tech strategies.
What will make you succeed?
- Considerable experience in leading engineering teams. We deploy our software on a Kubernetes based state-of-art environment. We use Java/Springboot, GoLang, Python, ReactJS and NodeJs wherever needed.
- Working on a data-driven environment, decisions made based on data.
- Proven experience designing architectures and technical strategies for software based products
- An excellent network that enables us to recruit top tech talent for your team
- An ability to bring in new ideas to further improve our tech-related company culture and brand
- Curiosity towards the latest tech trends and an ability to differentiate between what’s helpful and what’s a fad
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a creative approach to problem solving
- Great communication comes naturally to you, both with your team and with the senior management team
- Ability to talk tech but as well ability to communicate this with external partners.
Why finleap connect?
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where you’ll be working with a diverse workforce of 50+ nationalities
- We work hard, but we have fun along the way. You’ll be joining a friendly and supportive engineering team
- Think we can do better? We’re all ears! A creative and progressive work environment is guaranteed – we’re in the business of disruption!
- You’ll be joining a major player in Berlin’s famous start-up scene… and we’re only just getting started!