Elixir Software Engineer // flyiin
- You will team up with a group of fellow software engineers and a Technical Product Manager, with the goal to develop our Airline DirectConnect Platform based on the requirements of our launch customers (travel resellers), and on the capabilities of the APIs of the airlines we are integrating into our platform.
- You will lead the integration of selected airline APIs into our platform, with the goal to achieve a harmonised level of functionality and content across all airline APIs, which we will connect our platform to.
- Together with your fellow software developers, you will build up the functional capabilities of our platform in the areas of flight search, booking, payment and servicing, and expand those as the capabilities airline APIs increase.
- You will also work with members of other teams with similar functions and skills and working within the same competency area. As Elixir Software Engineer, you will be part of our Elixir Software Engineer circle, and participate in all decisions related to the improvement of Elixir code base.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
If you have…
- 3+ years experience in general backend development
- Any relevant experience with Elixir (whether in a production environment or from pet projects)
- Good understanding of functional programming concepts and concurrency problems
- Solid knowledge of the principles for building highly scalable, distributed systems
- Experience with Phoenix (or the desire to learn it quickly)
- Knowledge of web standards and modern browsers (HTML5, CSS)
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, Websocket)
- Good understanding of APIs and proficiency with data exchange formats and protocols
- Appreciation of the importance of prototyping and iterations in defining the most appropriate solution to a specific problem
- Passion for clean, maintainable and testable code
- Solid organisational and communication skills
- Good knowledge of English (English is the company’s official language)
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
If you are excited about…
- Using Elixir as your programming language of choice
- Airlines, and most specifically airline sales and distribution
- Open source and emerging technologies
- Working with people from different parts of the world and with different professional background and skill set
- Contributing to developing a company’s culture and dynamics, and make it a more efficient and fun place to work
- Being part of something big that has the potential to transform a whole industry
If as a person, your appreciate…
- Highly collaborative and multidisciplinary teams
- Systematic feedback and knowledge sharing
- A “bullshit-free”, lean and focused work environment
HOW CAN YOU STAND OUT?
You’ll reach the top of the list if in addition to the above, you:
- have already built Elixir-based platforms running in production
- have deep understanding of Erlang/OTP or familiarity with any other BEAM based language
- production experience with technologies around XML (XSD, XSLT, WSDL)
- any history in building data intensive systems
- production experience with any other functional language
- have already been in a similar role and helped build up a technology company from scratch
- can demonstrate a high level of self-reliance and a strong sense of initiative
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU AT FLYIIN (FOR NOW).
- The opportunity to join a company that will grow fast, and be at the origin of it
- The chance to work with very enthusiastic and experienced people who all share the strong desire to shake a whole (and huge) market up
- The option to work remotely from home one day a week, and two weeks a year from any geographic location
- Regular “Knowledge sessions” on topics such as online travel, airlines, technology and digital products
- Your daily dose of coffee, fresh fruits, snacks… and our weekly casual all-hands session
- A competitive salary
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
If this is a kind of adventure you would take part in, and the type of jobs that you’ve always been looking for, send us an email at [email protected], and tell us why you’re the best candidate for this position.
When sending your application, please:
- Mention the name of the position in the subject line
- Highlight your salary expectations and availability
- Provide a copy of your CV and any additional material relevant for your application
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.