Our customers rely on Alloy for tasks ranging from daily tasks like managing retail sales regionally to strategic product portfolio planning at the company level. To make this possible, engineers at Alloy work on modelling the supply chain, improving our sales forecasting algorithms, and building intuitive, beautiful applications that facilitate the work for sales, product marketing, demand planning, and supply chain professionals. We are looking for an engineering team lead to join our Berlin team.
Engineering leads at Alloy are both managers and hands-on contributors. Leads at Alloy have strong interpersonal skills – they listen, help individuals become better engineers, promote opportunities for new leaders, and seek consensus where possible and are assertive when necessary.
Leads at Alloy are also hands-on – they’re strong engineers who are either full-stack or have unique domain expertise in one or more areas, and level up the team in terms of their own contributions as well.
The responsibilities of an Engineering Lead at Alloy range from line management of 3-6 person teams, running weekly 1:1s with the team, and regular performance reviews, and hiring into their team. The leads work with product managers to plan out work on high-level deliverables and making sure that those deliverables are shipped as planned.
We strongly believe that our best possible work is not done in isolation in just engineering, so you’ll get to know people with in-depth industry experience in our product, design and client solutions teams, not to mention top engineers from across the world. If this sounds exciting, this could be the role for you.
- You’re an active listener and regularly solicit perspectives from others to inform the best possible outcomes.
- You enjoy solving ambiguous problems that range from planning bulky, roadmap-level items to tracking down obscure bugs.
- You’re an expert at managing multiple workstreams and efficiently prioritize work based on most valuable outcomes.
- You care deeply about best practices for code quality, automation, and testing.
- You have a genuine desire to help other engineers via mentorship, pairing, reviews.
- You have experience in recruiting and interviewing engineering candidates.
- You have experience in or are excited about learning one or more of the following: Java 14+, Postgres, Python 3, React, Redux, CSS3, TypeScript, Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, PubSub, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker.
As a plus,
- You have technical leadership experience, and are still hands-on.
- You have domain expertise in building analytics or supply chain software.
The compensation for this role includes both:
- 85k – 135k EUR salary
- equity component.