Engineering Lead (f/m/d) for Trecker // Yara Digital Labs
trecker.com digitizes the oldest industry in the world – agriculture – to support farmers in making better use of their limited resources and improve their management & organization.
At our AgTech startup & venture of Yara International you will enjoy the culture & pace of a startup with serious backing & support of a leading provider of crop nutrition solutions to 20 million farmers across 160 countries.
In an effort to scale and internationalize our application, we’d love to extend our current team: Working closely with our colleagues in Backend, Frontend as well as Mobile we enjoy the contentment that comes out of knowing that we build something meaningful, something that makes the lives of farmers easier.
We care about crafting a quality product for the long-term and value continuous learning and teaching over many years of experience. We follow a data-driven process and iterate quickly whenever necessary.
Join us in our mission to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet by building the most recommended software in agriculture worldwide.
Reasons to join trecker.com
- Challenging tasks that enable you to grow & excel: next year we want to include data from sensors and other integrations
- Cutting-edge tech stack, great test coverage, high code quality & multiple deploys per day
- Meaningful product: The chance to revolutionize an entire sector & change the lives of millions
- No-Worries package: Permanent contract + above average compensation package e.g. company pension, moving aid
- Transparency: Know what’s going on! In a weekly all-hands meeting we share business information openly
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working hours, working from home/remote option + 30 days of vacation
- Personal development: Large development opportunities e.g. Tech talks, conferences, team meetups, inhouse workshops etc.
- Great team: Join a passionate team & fun company events such as kajaking, high rope course etc.
- Ensure stability and high standards of the Engineering team
– Identify talents that fit the technical requirements & team composition resulting in an annual retention rate of 90%
– Support & call for high coding standards while creating an environment to measure it
– Provide continuous feedback and strengthen a productive, collaborative + open environment in & across teams
- Define and hit strategic milestones for product and technology
– Define the short- to longterm strategy for architecture and engineering team and break it down into technical steps
– Work closely with Product Management & Agile Coaches to support planning and prioritization
– Anticipate and define realistic resources needed to achieve technical steps
- Take ownership of overall architecture across backend, web & mobile for a brand-new product
– Guide the team through prototype and MVP stage
– Account for internationalisation and integration with the existing product, an overall farmOS & other solutions
– Ensure scalability of product by making sustainable technological & architectural decisions
You fit perfectly if you
- Have 3+ years of engineering management experience, including leading teams of >5 people in an agile cloud-based environment
- Have a high-level understanding of current state of the art & trends in technology
- Have a track record of building cross-platform products (mobile/web/backend)
- Value radical candor as much as we do (hint: a lot)
- Act without being told what to do, actively drive decision-making – even under uncertainty
- Bring new ideas to the team
- Put the team first
- Inspire commitment in your team to reach long-term vision
- Communicate to the point: Able to get thoughts across so that others easily understand them
Our current tech stack: Rails 5x, Go, React, iOS Swift 4, Android, Postgres, ElasticSearch, REST api, Microservices, Realtime web, AWS, Grape, Webpack, Swagger, Jira, GraphQL
We are looking forward to speaking with you!
*As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.