Aklamio is looking for an Engineering Manager to help us to extend and scale our incentivization platform. This role is a growth opportunity where you will lead 1-2 engineering teams, ensuring a healthy team atmosphere and effective and timely delivery of product.
Who we are
At Aklamio, we believe that customers, their networks, the power of word-of-mouth and customer insights are a company’s best assets. With our Customer Incentives Platform, we help enterprises all around the world grow by acquiring new customers, and by rewarding loyal customers and converting them into brand advocates.
Founded in 2011, Aklamio has become Europe’s most successful incentives marketing platform with offices in Berlin, London, and Madrid. Aklamio was ranked 2nd fastest growing technology startup in Germany (Financial Times, Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies) with minimal external funding.
What you’ll do
- Take the reins and have responsibility for up to two specialized engineering teams, reporting directly to our Head of Technology.
- Lead the way, develop and monitor the engineering processes in your team and make sure that they can deliver qualitative work on time.
- Keep yourself current. Make sure that the team knows the industry’s state of the art and integrates it into our engineering vision.
- Collaborate and align with other tech leads, engineering managers, product managers, and architects to make sure that together we can drive our product forward.
- You drive the growth of the team by being part of the hiring process, via one on ones and feedback talks with your team, and through mentoring.
- You are the link between the product team and the tech team. You make sure that requirements and technical consequences are understood and you help clearing out roadblocks along the way.
What you’ll bring with you
- 1-2 years of experience of leading a team of developers, as well as mentoring and guiding them.
- 3-5 years of Senior Development Experience (Frontend or Backend).
- Empathic Leader: You are a good listener and understand what your team needs to perform best.
- You’re an avid problem solver that can come up with pragmatic solutions fast and in collaboration with others.
- Technical excellence: In-depth knowledge of various programming languages, frameworks, and tools including some of: Ruby on Rails, React, Docker, Gitlab CI, and others, and experience in building complex modular systems with them.
- Communication Expert: You are able to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people and you can understand and integrate product and business related requirements into your solutions.
- Agile Mindset: You are used to working in agile development teams that frequently release with confidence.
Why join us
Become part of an excellent team in one of Europe’s fastest-growing and most exciting startups. We offer many possibilities for development in an international environment with flat hierarchies and fast decision making. Innovation, creativity and ownership are our top priorities! At Aklamio we are committed to providing a mutually respectful work environment. We believe diversity, team building and inclusion among our teammates are essential to our success.
- Challenging team and career growth opportunities
- Live and work where you want- Home office is the new normal for us. Live anywhere in Germany, Spain, or the United Kingdom and work from the comfort of your home, favourite coffee shop or wherever you please. Or feel free to make use of our stylish and comfortable headquarters in Berlin- we’ll save you a seat!
- Make Berlin your home- we offer relocation support and assistance.
- Benefits that fit your life. Use our benefits marketplace to choose from shopping,entertainment, electronics, music, games, fitness, transportation, and more!
- Generous Company Pension Scheme.
- Personal and Career Development: Yearly budget for training so you can expand your skills professionally or linguistically!
- Balance: 30 days of vacation
- Belonging: enjoy monthly lunches, virtual and in-person team events. Team building is fundamental for us.