Engineering Manager – International Expansion (f/m/x)
As the Engineering Manager of our cross-functional International markets team, you will have the opportunity to empower your team to contribute to building some of the most resilient domains in our organisation. And we need your help to further strengthen, empower and support the engineering organisation by bringing engineering best practices and operational excellence to the table.
You’ll be responsible for optimizing Wayfair’s suite of brands in all of our non-U.S. markets so we deliver the best possible customer experience. Our existing businesses in Canada, the U.K., and Germany are already generating billions in sales annually and are among the fastest growing at Wayfair but there’s still tons of opportunity to tailor the App and Web experiences to better meet local needs and expectations. We need you to manage a team of talented engineers to execute an engineering strategy that helps further accelerate our growth. You’ll build relationships across the entire organization in order to effectively drive nuance and impact on top of a global platform.
What you’ll do:
- Grow and support a cross-functional engineering team with 5 to 8 members (fullstack and mobile developers)
- Be accountable for the systems your team is building including technical design, development, testing, deployment, production observability, and production incident management
- Envision, shape and deliver the technical landscape enabling a high growth organisation at scale
- Balance calculated risks, trade-offs and consequences in prioritizing and optimizing for sustainable time-to-value and high-quality engineering
- Own the development and career growth of your team members
- Attract, onboard, develop and retain diverse top talents, while fostering an inclusive and collaborative team and culture (our latest DEI Report)
- Design an agile process that ensures the team is iteratively shipping value executing on their roadmap and maintain and continuously improve agile delivery and engineering practices
- Partner with your Product Manager to define business roadmaps, OKRs, and success metrics.
What you bring to the table:
- Extensive experience in the JVM ecosystem, preferably using Java
- A strong background in SOA, and Microservice architectures that served as business and/or technical platforms.
- Experience of leading interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Being a passionate and engaged collaborator and communicator, with the ability to influence partners and peers at different levels.
- Practical experience and ability to coach and advance the team’s practices with pairing/mobbing, TDD, CI/CD.
- Experience hiring and mentoring engineers across levels.
What We’ll Gladly Offer:
- Highly competitive compensation packages (comprising of Base Salary, Bonuses and Equity). Full VISA sponsorship.
- Relocation support
- Full ownership of your wellbeing with our unlimited “Personal Time Off”,
- Paid volunteering work,
- Contribution to private pension,
- Commuting schemes (car, bike, public transport),
- Extensive internal training platform,
- Free access to LinkedIn e-learning courses and programs,
- Comprehensive financial scheme for Learning & Development opportunities and continuous education,
- Access to German language courses,
- Health & Sport memberships,
- Virtual child care,
- Global Wellbeing Program,
- Employee discount for Wayfair purchases,
- Corporate benefits
- VISA / Sponsorship and Relocation support
More about what we do?
We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems – like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of more than 15 million items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.