Engineering Manager (Software) // YAPU Solutions
YAPU Solutions is a young, Berlin-based fintech with strong ethical and business values. Based on decades of industry experience among the founding team, we offer consulting services in the area of climate smart finance and developed a flexible software that enables microfinance institutions to digitalize their processes and deepen customer understanding. Thereby we provide the basis for triple bottom line reporting and access to finance for smallholder farmers and microentrepreneurs in developing countries. With a second office in Ecuador, our current operations cover Costa Rica, Colombia, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Jamaica as well as Benin and Senegal.
YAPU Solutions is looking for a professional (m/f/o) with a proven track record and an entrepreneurial spirit to form a vital part of the company’s management team as:
Engineering Manager (Software).
- Sharpen and extend the company’s technological vision together with the management team, thereby ensuring the long-term success of our services.
- Lead the company’s technological development activities and report directly to the senior management.
- Translate business requirements from global clients into actionable tasks and software requirements.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the external developer team (consisting of full-stack, front- and back-end developers).
- Continuously improve our strategy of internal and external resources both for development and operations.
- Develop strategic plans and set timelines for evaluation, development, deployment and maintenance of all technical services.
- Collaborate with other areas of the company, e.g. product and business development, to align the technological long-term vision with our business strategy.
- Ensure technology standards and best practices are met.
- Improve and supervise software development processes and quality assurance standards.
- Establish and supervise internal IT processes and resources.
As a first step, you will review the current YAPU solutions’ software and hosting architecture and develop a strategic plan to execute a possible rewrite of the software. Subsequently, you will be responsible for mentoring team members and monitoring performance, while keeping milestone planning and budgeting in mind. You define the company standards for systems, equipment and software. You will share technological visions and trends within the team. You ensure that data security and technological processes are in line with relevant laws and regulations.
- A proven track record of at least 5 years of experience in a software development role or a related field with two years of leadership responsibility (preferably in a SaaS environment).
- Experience with different architectural approaches and confidence in making decisions for the long-term success of an organization with purpose.
- A Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or a related field is a plus.
- As an individual, you pursue a systematic, structured and reliable way of work, especially when it comes to prioritizing and thinking the “big picture”.
- Experience in managing remote and decentralized teams as well as establishing and assuring highest quality standards across all services.
- You bring a mutual interest in new technologies that are capable of increasing effectiveness for us and our clients.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make solid decisions for the successful growth of the company.
- In addition to your affinity to IT environments you possess a hands-on, action-oriented attitude as well as pronounced analytical competencies.
- As a colleague and team lead you are able to build strong interpersonal relationships with team members, peers and senior management.
- You are able to foster skills of your team members and help them to improve their abilities.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English are a must; proficiency in Spanish and French would be a strong asset.
Your role is critical for the future success of the company -therefore we offer:
- You receive a competitive salary package
- You are considered our top prospect for the CTO role, including stock options to the company.
- You join a company with a cause – we are guided by our mission and strive to live up to our claim “Smart finance. People first.”
- You join a dynamic and young team of proven business professionals in the realm of development finance and will be in a crucial position to shape its future globally.
- You gain international exposure, with current focus on Latin America and Sub-Sahara Africa
- Our headquarter is located in one of the most vibrant cities: Berlin
If you feel intrigued by this versatile and growth-oriented opportunity, please address your application to Sven Volland by sending your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] We aim at have the candidate starting in the second quarter of 2020.