Experienced Android Engineer (m/f/d) // Evenly
We at Evenly are looking for an Android developer to join our team in Berlin as soon as possible.
What we have to offer
- Be part of our small developer-run consultancy and help build high quality apps
- Work closely with interesting clients on native Android apps in Kotlin and Java such as ARTE, WWF Deutschland, funk etc.
- Get to know different new technologies and platforms (e.g. Voice UI like Google Assistant, Android TV and Wear, GraphQL etc.)
- Consult on mobile projects from draft to finished product
- Develop state of the art code with modern concepts such as MVVM or Functional-Reactive-Programming
- Teach and learn new things within the team
- Nice work environment and an office in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg in a company managed by its founders
- Improve your skills and knowledge by attending conferences, workshops and courses
- We care for your individual needs, so flexible working hours and home office days are always an option to make sure you have time for your family
- And of course you will get the tools you need to work: a nice development machine, a phone and a tablet
- We at Evenly are committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the open position without regard to race, religion, gender etc.
- Full-time or part-time (min. 30h/week) is both possible
What we want from you
- 3+ years of Android development experience
- Proven experience with native Android development in Kotlin and Java
- Reading and writing in German and English, both at least B2 level
- Openness towards other technologies, platforms and languages
- Solid knowledge of git or another DVCS
How to stand out
- Strong drive to learn new technologies and stay up to date on new trends and best practices
- Good communication skills: working in a team and with our clients
- Interest in or experience with React Native is a big plus
- Knowledge of other platforms, technologies or languages highly appreciated (e.g. iOS, Backend, Web etc.)
- High quality code and knowledge of best practices
- Eager to learn and improve your skills
- A formal software engineering or computer science education is nice, but optional
- An eye for product, user interfaces and design is appreciated
Note: This is an on site position. Remote or freelance work is not possible. Also note: At least a solid level of German speaking is required. This position can be full-time or part-time.