Front-End Developer React (x/f/m) // Baze
Here’s who we are
At Baze, we’re making the science of personalized nutrition actionable and convenient for as many people as possible. We’re working on a product that adds years to people’s lives. Healthy, vibrant years. The best years. We have offices in Berlin, Boston, and Zurich. We’re looking for a new teammate to join us in our Berlin (Neukölln) office. Founded in 2014, we’re the only company in our space working with, rather than around, the science. Currently we’re operating mainly in the US market. There’s more to learn about us on our website.
You are passionate about beautiful apps? You can turn designs into a pixel-perfect user experience? Visualization of data and information is something that really excites you? Join our passionate technology team and bring our app to the next level. Stickiness to and information richness in our digital components is vital to provide our users a complete experience in order to support them on their journey towards better health. Together with our developers, designers and scientists you will bring complex user journeys and phenomenal visuals to life.
Here’s who we’re looking for
Along with a passion for a healthy lifestyle, a results-oriented mindset, data-driven approach and a lot of positive energy, as an ideal candidate
- You have 2+ years working experience as a front-end developer.
- You reached proficiency with the ES6 / React / Flux implementations.
- You know how to bundle a React app for Android/ iOS and integrate were necessary native components. Knowledge of React Native is a plus.
- You are well aware of the power and limitations of progressive web apps.
- You consume REST (and ideally GraphQL) services with a snap.
- As a plus, you had already first touchpoints with Google Fit/ Apple Health.
- You build and ship software with one click. TDD is an integral part of your workflow.
- An agile workplace is your natural habitat, a design-thinking mindset is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required, a master’s degree preferred.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- You will extend our existing React app and work on beautiful, yet highly functional visualizations and interactions.
- You will contribute to the design process of our digital product.
- You take responsibility for the quality control of the parts you build.
- You will constantly monitor the performance of our app and will proactively improve it.
- You will be responsible for our Google Play/ Apple developer account and will be product owner of our Android/ iOS app.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape a high-growth, dynamic and purpose-driven consumer brand
- An environment in which your work will be appreciated
- A beautiful office in one of the most exciting areas of Berlin
- A highly collaborative environment with a creative, talented and dedicated team
- Monthly personalized vitamins tailored to your needs.
Baze is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re interested in working with us, remember we don’t hire workers, we hire people with fresh ideas, passion and enthusiasm for what we do. If that’s you, then tell us all about it.