Front End Engineer (Platform Team) (m/f/x) // commercetools
Our Berlin-based Front End team is currently conceptualizing and building the most exciting, usable, and advanced eCommerce admin UI in the market. We are looking for several experienced colleagues with passion for technologies used by big players on an enterprise-level application. Even more important than your technical qualification: You want to join (and learn from) an equally skilled, agile, self-organized team that believes in having fun, giving back to the community, and collaborating in an open, supportive environment!
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE
That’s our team setup, mission & the technologies we use. You will
- work in an organization split up into vertical teams allowing code and problem domain ownership
- collaborate with our Designers (UI/UX) and Product Owners to plan and implement features from start to finish
- analyze and discuss requirements for trade-off in technical approaches and be part of an agile team responsible for its complete development process
- perform unit tests with Jest and integration tests with Cypress
- own a build chain on CircleCI deploying multiple services into a Kubernetes Cluster
- work with libraries such as Apollo (for GraphQL), Redux (for UI state), Formik (for forms), webpack (for bundling)
- improving our Apollo and GraphQL adoption reducing the use of Redux
- heavily adopting Formik for our forms removing the need for redux-form
- eager to try to adopt Flow and experiment with ReasonML
- loving Design Systems and being in the process our building our own
- constantly learning how to build truly declarative interfaces with React
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- At least 3 (ideally more) years of experience with large scale web applications
- Experience with continuous integration as well as building a Node.js REST API backed by NoSQL databases
- Deeply in love with clean code and high standards for quality assurance such as code review, unit testing, code linting
- Knowledge sharing, the aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies and concepts
- Good English to work in an international, cross-functional team
THIS IS HOW WE WORK
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge we concentrate in a healthy growing company.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.
commercetools is living a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If your job profile aligns with our technical requirements, business needs and company culture, we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, learning ability and passion and not your age, race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics or disability.